Banning traffic from towns

Broadcasterman

There are few new users here as you are clearly a horrendously bias moderator who wants to control what is and isn’t said on this forum to protect you and your incompetent mates from any form of criticism. There is obviously no free political debate on here so most people are probably on Twitter where they can express a free opinion without some third rate joke politician pulling accounts because they don’t like what was said. Presumably if you stand for Keys it will get even worse where you will allow any of your competitors to get slagged off here, but not you to support your campaign. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ronrico said:

There are few new users here as you are clearly a horrendously bias moderator who wants to control what is and isn’t said on this forum to protect you and your incompetent mates from any form of criticism. There is obviously no free political debate on here so most people are probably on Twitter where they can express a free opinion without some third rate joke politician pulling accounts because they don’t like what was said. Presumably if you stand for Keys it will get even worse where you will allow any of your competitors to get slagged off here, but not you to support your campaign. 

Hey sock puppet. I moderate very little and deliberately stay out of most mod decisions. Hence all the negative and critical posts about DBC on here. People again read too much into stuff. Goodbye. 

15 hours ago, ADELE said:

I think the area of the Quay which has been pedestrianised is a great improvement.

I honestly don't know what the complaining is about. It's a short stretch of road that is little used.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

13 minutes ago, Declan said:

I honestly don't know what the complaining is about. It's a short stretch of road that is little used.

Correct.  It has hardly been a main thoroughfare for years.  Before pedestrianisation, you could not traverse from one end of North Quay to the other anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It was a main thoroughfare

Yep, nose-to-tail traffic in both directions, a key and crucial bypass around that 300 yard stretch of Lord Street from the George Formby statue to the Noa bake house.

Crucial to the whole Douglas road network, so it was.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Would you think the same of you were a longstanding ratepaying business in town who had been refused permission to put seats outside their premises

Which business is this?

The Rovers has their outdoor seating back. DBC taking it off them in the first place was bloody stupid, but it’s sorted now.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Which business is this?

a lot of the eateries in  duke, strand and castle street at a guess,  they weren't allowed seating outside because it blocked the way or health and safety or some such bullshit.   but then it transpires IF you pay DBC money those concerns become as invalid as they actually were in the first place.