Banning traffic from towns

Broadcasterman

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’ve never said anything on here that I either haven’t or wouldn’t say publicly anywhere else as I don’t have the mistaken perception of anonymity some other posters might have. And I don’t see what is wrong with asking a subscriber to use the delete button rather than suspend an account as any offending comment is easily delete-able unlike other posters which require a moderator to delete. 

No, not publicly, but to the face of the person.  It is a very simple test, "would I say this to that person and how would I deal with their reaction, which will directly reflect back on me?"

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Point me to something specific you have issue with? Personally I don’t say anything on here that I’m not prepared to say off line. 

If that is the case, have you sought out Frank, or any other politician,  to voice your concerns face to face? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gladys said:

If that is the case, have you sought out Frank, or any other politician,  to voice your concerns face to face? 

I seek out lots of politicians when the opportunity presents itself and I’m more than happy to say what I think. Either face to face or by email. Same with DBC had conversations with several and most of them are a total waste of space so there’s little point. What have I specifically said about Frank? He took umbrage that I pointed out that he’s unelected a few months back and I pointed out that it was a fact but that it wasn’t personal as I don’t dislike him. That’s about it. I also said his Twitter feed is unbelievably negative when he accused me of being negative. Again true. If ever we’re in the same room I’ve got no issue telling him his Twitter feed is unbelievably negative about the IOM.

Edited by offshoremanxman

23 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

But you ARE anonymous on here, unlike (say) John or Wrighty - aren’t you?   Am I missing something?

Not at all. I’ve even had moderators making ludicrous claims about my IP address to support a suspension and private messages sent by email. At least the former moderator above was always very up front and straight when he mails you off Forum as he uses his own private email address unlike others who like to keep up the pretense that nobody knows who they are whilst mailing your private email address. So I’m not bothered as you aren’t really anonymous here with a subscriber account. 

Edited by offshoremanxman

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’ve never said anything on here that I either haven’t or wouldn’t say publicly anywhere else as I don’t have the mistaken perception of anonymity some other posters might have. And I don’t see what is wrong with asking a subscriber to use the delete button rather than suspend an account as any offending comment is easily delete-able unlike other posters which require a moderator to delete. 

If that's the case then post under your own name...

8 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

If that's the case then post under your own name...

Nobody has to if they don’t want to. Everyone knows who I am but I’m still keeping my old username. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 9:37 AM, Ronrico said:

There are few new users here as you are clearly a horrendously bias moderator who wants to control what is and isn’t said on this forum to protect you and your incompetent mates from any form of criticism. There is obviously no free political debate on here so most people are probably on Twitter where they can express a free opinion without some third rate joke politician pulling accounts because they don’t like what was said. Presumably if you stand for Keys it will get even worse where you will allow any of your competitors to get slagged off here, but not you to support your campaign. 

You do realise he is German 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Not at all. I’ve even had moderators making ludicrous claims about my IP address to support a suspension and private messages sent by email. At least the former moderator above was always very up front and straight when he mails you off Forum as he uses his own private email address unlike others who like to keep up the pretense that nobody knows who they are whilst mailing your private email address. So I’m not bothered as you aren’t really anonymous here with a subscriber account. 

Well I have no idea who you are in real life.

I would like to keep it that way as well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Not at all. I’ve even had moderators making ludicrous claims about my IP address to support a suspension and private messages sent by email. At least the former moderator above was always very up front and straight when he mails you off Forum as he uses his own private email address unlike others who like to keep up the presence that nobody knows who they are whilst mailing your private email address. So I’m not bothered as you aren’t anonymous here with a subscriber account. And that’s fine. 

Moderators and admin don’t have access to the subscription info. Only the forum owner/webmaster has that info and doesn’t involve himself in moderation.

Yes, I contacted you by e-mail using your sign up e-mail, but only because of suspicious activity on your account, that looked like a start of a mass delete.

I e-mailed purely to let you know. That was resolved. There had been a few attempts at mass delete by others, who had signed up as subscribers, to do just that. It’s something we were on the look out for.

The only reason I had any idea who you were is because you use a personal e-mail address. 

After that it was you who e-mailed me when there was another issue and then again when you’d been suspended for an infraction that was complained of.

As for ludicrous claims, there are patterns. I won’t go into detail but posting style, sign on, both date and IP - compared to suspension, and three posters posting from the same IP on day 1, then another IP on day 2 and another on day 3. I wasn’t involved in your latest run in, but I’ve no doubt you have had several posting persona.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I must confess there is stuff that JW has posted which has led me to believe he still has access to info that he had as a moderator. 
But like you say it doesn’t bother me.

Before I get challenged on this how did JW know in a post not so long ago that PSH and “as the hills “ had been given a ban by Amadeus ( permanent I think).

I may be wrong but as an ordinary forum member I don’t believe I’m privy to such information.

• Thanks 1