Banning traffic from towns

Broadcasterman

40 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

The business park is definitely in Braddan.

The parish is much bigger than people tend to realise, with boundaries with Lezayre, garff and Micheal to the North and Santon to the South.

Garff is not a parish, it's a Sheading, a political area. The parish is Lonan.

Screenshot_20230618-084613_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Garff is not a parish, it's a Sheading, a political area. The parish is Lonan.

Screenshot_20230618-084613_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's actually an old map though - or not old enough.  Lonan (and Laxey) and Maughold are now amalgamated into Garff Parishes, so in local authority terms there is a boundary.  Before the towns were treated as separate from the parishes, most of Douglas was in Onchan, with just South Quay and what is now the Douglas South constituency in Braddan.  Most of the old boundaries were based on rivers.

So the lunatics in the asylum get their own way with a traffic ban on the quay for 6 months yet park in pedestrian areas themselves. 

a wonder what brown envelope was given to them for this and will the pubs now be open 7 days a week

plus this will only cause more fumes and traffic congestion elsewhere, had there been an impact study completed?

IMG_3535.jpeg

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Let’s see his mouth run off and justify his double standards.  I put a tenner on him pretending not to see post. 

It’s been quite well shared on Twitter and Facebook already from what I can see. Maybe they want to shut more streets in town as a pilot to free up more parking for councillors? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Manxman1234 said:

''....So the lunatics in the asylum get their own way with a traffic ban on the quay for 6 months yet park in pedestrian areas themselves. ...''

The evil (for that is what it is) is far more deep seated than that of course Manxman1234.

Immodestly, I am going to quote myself from much higher up this thread yesterday:

''Douglas Borough Council (DBC) is all too often very much anti the public whom they are meant to be there to represent...... 

The local people as consumers always seem to hold absolutely no relevance, no importance and no interest to Douglas Borough Council................... 

Far too often they are arrogant, smug, incompetent and unfit for purpose organisations - as virtually everyone knows except apparently themselves. Or maybe they do know but just don't give a sh*t.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Manxman1234 said:

So the lunatics in the asylum get their own way with a traffic ban on the quay for 6 months yet park in pedestrian areas themselves. 

a wonder what brown envelope was given to them for this and will the pubs now be open 7 days a week

plus this will only cause more fumes and traffic congestion elsewhere, had there been an impact study completed?

IMG_3535.jpeg

The new traffic order for this area is already in place. For some reason the DOI hasn’t managed to get the new signs up (it’s been months) so anyone can park there right now. Not that i have to. Councillors get free parking. 

1 hour ago, Cassie2 said:

The evil (for that is what it is) is far more deep seated than that of course Manxman1234.

Immodestly, I am going to quote myself from much higher up this thread yesterday:

''Douglas Borough Council (DBC) is all too often very much anti the public whom they are meant to be there to represent...... 

The local people as consumers always seem to hold absolutely no relevance, no importance and no interest to Douglas Borough Council................... 

Far too often they are arrogant, smug, incompetent and unfit for purpose organisations - as virtually everyone knows except apparently themselves. Or maybe they do know but just don't give a sh*t.

Maybe you should have thought a little more before quoting your own rubbish for yet another repetitive shot at DBC. It’s tiresome, really. For you whatever we do will never be right. Maybe if you engaged with the political process in a more meaningful way, we could show you all the work that goes into decisions behind the scenes. Not that you’re really interested in that.