Crogga

Dr Beeching

3 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Operationally insolvent - still we're going to get all that money from them and cheap energy, and we won't need windmills, and your cheque's in the post, and I won't come in your

• Haha 2

Three directors, two of whom are architects.

"Mr Hubbard, on the other hand, is certainly well-known for previous roles in the oil and gas industry, having been chief geologist at BP and then director of international operations for Norwegian oil company Statoil until he resigned in 2003."

There is resigning, and on the other hand, resigning:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statoil_corruption_case

Does he have any other oil/gas industry experience in the intervening 20 years?

• 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.jpeg.35ff57ff4184cd51062c8b95cb5a09fa.jpeg

£2.8 Billion income.... And literally on the same front cover "Health overspend is destabilising finance"

How can it be spelled out more clearly the benefit of the development of the gas field? IOMG can't any longer afford to ignore the potential. How anyone can believe £2.8Bn is not in the best interests of everyone on the Island, I do not know.

The way the DoI have dragged their feet on the licence work programme variation request is unforgivable, it shouldn't take over 2 years to make a decision - nor to get appropriate regulations in place.

I hope this is bought up in the IOMG Conference. What revenue are Orsted promising to IOM Treasury? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Absolutely nothing Crogga have said at any point gives rise to any confidence in them. I don't even know why I feel this way, there's something shifty about them and always has been. And I say that as someone who thinks we should sell the gas!

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Absolutely nothing Crogga have said at any point gives rise to any confidence in them. I don't even know why I feel this way, there's something shifty about them and always has been. And I say that as someone who thinks we should sell the gas!

As I posted above, I don't understand how they can be making assertions of this magnitude based on 30 year old data, particularly when it's inconclusive as to the volumes or even presence there.

If they conduct a survey using up to date techniques and technology it might confirm that there is indeed an exploitable gas field, in which case, fine. But it might also confirm that there is little or nothing there, in which case investors will have saved themselves and everybody else a great deal of time and money.

It's difficult to smell gas at the moment because it's overcome by the bitter-sweet smell of snake oil and we've all got experience of that.

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

As I posted above, I don't understand how they can be making assertions of this magnitude based on 30 year old data, particularly when it's inconclusive as to the volumes or even presence there.

If they conduct a survey using up to date techniques and technology it might confirm that there is indeed an exploitable gas field, in which case, fine. But it might also confirm that there is little or nothing there, in which case investors will have saved themselves and everybody else a great deal of time and money.

It's difficult to smell gas at the moment because it's overcome by the bitter-sweet smell of snake oil and we've all got experience of that.

For the millionth time, gas is already proven as being in place by previous drilling.

More survey work cannot determine whether the gas flows or not.

Only drilling will definitely confirm if the gas is under enough pressure to flow to surface.

If investors are willing to take that risk with existing data and their own money, why has anyone a problem with that? 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Isle of Man, where we say you can, but you just can't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

The only way to determine the value of this project to the Isle of Man will be after 5 years of operation?

The contract will have many get out clauses, actual volume recovered etc???

The first step of which is drilling to see if the value can be realised.

IOMG must unequivocally enable this by adopting appropriate regulations before investors will risk the £32.5million capital needed to drill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, b4mbi said:

he first step of which is drilling to see if the value can be realised.

I was referring to after extraction has begun.

We will not  know the return to  'us' until some time after the actual start of extraction.

Obviously we will not be told the terms of the contract, nor when any payments will begin, or any conditions which could reduce the 'promised' payments.

We will just have to wait?

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I was referring to after extraction has begun.

We will not  know the return to  'us' until some time after the actual start of extraction.

Obviously we will not be told the terms of the contract, nor when any payments will begin, or any conditions which could reduce the 'promised' payments.

We will just have to wait?

I hope there is no contract other than a licence.  A contract implies some kind of obligation on IOMG; there should be none other than the licence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I hope there is no contract other than a licence.  A contract implies some kind of obligation on IOMG; there should be none other than the licence. 

I don't believe they've asked for any Govt funds, surely that would have been made public. They're only asking for permission to drill and yet still we're delaying and pretty much just flat out ignoring them. Would it hinder Orsted I wonder.

Someone has been doing some really solid gridwork surveying recently.

FB_IMG_1726510186285.jpg

1 minute ago, The Phantom said:

I don't believe they've asked for any Govt funds, surely that would have been made public. They're only asking for permission to drill and yet still we're delaying and pretty much just flat out ignoring them. Would it hinder Orsted I wonder.

Someone has been doing some really solid gridwork surveying recently.

FB_IMG_1726510186285.jpg

they are working out where to put the next wind farm to disrupt the boats route.

• Haha 1