Crogga

Dr Beeching

11 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Or perhaps a similarity low experience. Being serious though Gladys, something is not adding up. Yes sure, the DOI/iomg might be accused of being bit crap, but why would they intentionally be holding it up. I admit I am speculating on what that reason might be.

However there must be a reason. No one is really telling us what it is. Chris Thomas was allegedly fired for the lack of progress, but there has been none since. Robertshaw has given us some insights. But for me, saying it again, something is not adding up and it can't all be the DOI.  

AG's office?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

AG's office?

Are now shocking to deal with.  Months for even a simple response.  I've had to deal with them recently for a company restoration.  It was embarrassing, as the client obviously wanted the company back pretty quickly and we were sat twiddling our thumbs for about 6 months! 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Are now shocking to deal with.  Months for even a simple response.  I've had to deal with them recently for a company restoration.  It was embarrassing, as the client obviously wanted the company back pretty quickly and we were sat twiddling our thumbs for about 6 months! 

And yet, there are more staff there now than ever. 

Maybe the island is being leaned upon by forces across who might not be so amenable to the idea and are using their considerable diplomatic might to suggest that it might not be a good idea to move towards fossil fuels at a time when the political will is moving in the opposite direction. 

Or the UK may just want to acquire ownership of the fields themselves and are using leverage to suggest a way that might happen, in exchange for a quid pro quo via the back door. 

Or the IoM Gov may just be out of their depth and typical incompetence may just be order of the day.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

Maybe the island is being leaned upon by forces across who might not be so amenable to the idea and are using their considerable diplomatic might to suggest that it might not be a good idea to move towards fossil fuels at a time when the political will is moving in the opposite direction. 

Or the UK may just want to acquire ownership of the fields themselves and are using leverage to suggest a way that might happen, in exchange for a quid pro quo via the back door. 

Or the IoM Gov may just be out of their depth and typical incompetence may just be order of the day.  

Another possibility agreed

WHY DONT THEY JUST COME CLEAN AND TELL US

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

would be my guess.

30 minutes ago, WTF said:

same with anything government, the more there are the less gets done.

Agree, as there are more people who can say no, to anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1