Regeneration of Peel

Moghrey Mie

If the DOI have any input then Peel will end up looking like any other seaside town in the UK; pseudo granite, lots of pedestrian areas that are not really pedestrian areas, unnecessary street furniture, coloured tarmac etc etc. Whatever they do it will look bland and uninteresting. Oh....and fuck it up.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

If the DOI have any input then Peel will end up looking like any other seaside town in the UK; pseudo granite, lots of pedestrian areas that are not really pedestrian areas, unnecessary street furniture, coloured tarmac etc etc. Whatever they do it will look bland and uninteresting. Oh....and fuck it up.

I suppose that's why they want people to get involved and give their ideas.

I did a few commissioner house builds on the island in the late 90's.

We were sometimes called back to new build houses with "Snagging Defects" that were things like "Damp/ mould" 

The "Damp/ mould" thing was always because people would not open their windows when they were doing a huge moisture producing event, like - 

• In Winter, drying clothes on radiators
  • Showering - 4 or 5 peeps one after the other in a very small room
  • Making  Sunday lunch 

.Home owners tend to work out what causes these problems and change their actions

Social housing peeps tended to say-

"I cant afford to open the windows (let heat out) so the commissionaires should sort the damp/ mould out"

The Commissionaires, being elected by the masses tried to make a round peg fit in a square hole and that is part of the reason I gave up on the island.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

I did a few commissioner house builds on the island in the late 90's.

We were sometimes called back to new build houses with "Snagging Defects" that were things like "Damp/ mould" 

The "Damp/ mould" thing was always because people would not open their windows when they were doing a huge moisture producing event, like - 

• In Winter, drying clothes on radiators
  • Showering - 4 or 5 peeps one after the other in a very small room
  • Making  Sunday lunch 

.Home owners tend to work out what causes these problems and change their actions

Social housing peeps tended to say-

"I cant afford to open the windows (let heat out) so the commissionaires should sort the damp/ mould out"

The Commissionaires, being elected by the masses tried to make a round peg fit in a square hole and that is part of the reason I gave up on the island.

we didn't have this problem with open fires in the house cos the vents were built in.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I drove through Morecambe a few months back and it's lovely. Used to be a shit hole 20 years ago

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Very true. Modern homes with central heating, double-glazing, power showers, modern kitchens, washing machines etc. Without air-flow and ventilation...

No, it's none of those things - it's council house tenants that are the problem.

And we're all druggies  🙄

• Like 1