Regeneration of Peel

Moghrey Mie

Peel Commissioners do not have a good record on the upkeep of their SH properties either, if my memory serves me. Some of their tenants went public on this a couple of years back in conjunction with something else, some of the conditions were disgraceful. The private side of Reayrt Aalin development does not appear to be afflicted.

Makes one wonder why their Town Clerk has to be paid so much that it needs to be with-held...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

The private side of Reayrt Aalin development does not appear to be afflicted.

That’s a good point. I wonder what the private owners have had to pump into such “sub standard” houses over the years? I’d be prepared to bet probably not as much to render their investment worthless and justify a total rebuild with their own cash.

What about the tenants of this estate ?    Where are they supposed to go ?   it is a disgrace and before they start knocking houses down they should make sure there is suitable accommodation available.   A lot of people on the Island are living in housing which is substandard not great of course but better than being on the streets.    I wonder if there is a plan to build some eco friendly houses and this estate is to be sacrificed to make way for them.    Until suitable and acceptable alternative housing is found in the Peel area these houses should be left alone with immediate emergency repairs done to keep them safe if necessary.

• Like 4