Childcare Public Inquiry

chris

I guess I have the answer to the question of where is the debate on this issue.

Futile debate about gay marriage, snot, horse and plough-but childcare, forget it.

No wonder there have been three childcare public inquiries on the Isle of Man in the last ten years. Nobody much cares. The MEA scandal provoked huge responses- maybe because it was financial. Take a look at the the forum figures. Scandalous.

I think people do care but that an issue like this could be too complex for many people to get their heads around. We can talk about gay marriages and Manx Radio because most people have a clear opinion. As for snot - some people seem to find it a very interesting subject - I think it's a Northern thing.

• 8 months later...

Hi , Ive also opened an article on this , social services on the isle of man . Please read it .

what these people have been involved in is criminal ,

I have actually in person put the 132 failings listed against them to them , it was refuted and fobbed off .

I dont know how these people can sleep in there beds at night , I know that there are genuine social workers who do a good job , but a lot of under handed things are being buried .

They portray lies , half truths and falseness as the truth ,

If any persons are interested in organising a protest , petiton , or demonstration against this department I would be very interested to be part .

the truth will always come out .

I think people do care but that an issue like this could be too complex for many people to get their heads around. We can talk about gay marriages and Manx Radio because most people have a clear opinion.
Hi , Ive also opened an article on this , social services on the isle of man . Please read it .

what these people have been involved in is criminal ,

I have actually in person put the 132 failings listed against them to them , it was refuted and fobbed off .

I dont know how these people can sleep in there beds at night , I know that there are genuine social workers who do a good job , but a lot of under handed things are being buried .

They portray lies , half truths and falseness as the truth ,

If any persons are interested in organising a protest , petiton , or demonstration against this department I would be very interested to be part .

the truth will always come out .

Complex issues often lead to a great deal of frustration for those that understand them - especially when it appears that no one else seems to be listening. This is a very complex issue, which many people do not understand, and are unlikely to spend hours looking at the detail and are far more likely to make up their minds based on the summaries they will read in the newspapers or hear on the radio.

IMHO, I think it would be better to re-evaluate your approach, as simply firing off on forums or even writing to the newspaper might temporarily relieve your frustration, but in the big scheme of things is unlikely to make you any more heard - especially if an official inquiry is in process.

IMHO, you need allies - and realistically the only people who can really help you at this time are likely to be elected representatives, some of whom who will have input to the inquiry, and all of whom will at some stage have the opportunity to debate the findings. If you feel you have legitimate points to get across, then without gaining their support by meeting with one or two of them at their surgeries etc., you are unlikely to be heard or your points debated further.

And in House of Keys this morning:

The Hon Member for Douglas North (Mr Henderson) to ask the

Minister for Health and Social Security –

Will you accept that there is a serious inconsistency with your

Department’s disciplinary processes?

I'm not sure if this is relevant to the thread, but there certainly seems to be little accountability in various departments of our government.

Archived