FCMR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a road going Yamaha R7

This is my legal rear plate

post-137-1125568691_thumb.jpg

Are your plates legal

I don't see the problem with illegal number plates. Why don't the forces that be just adapt their cameras and stuff so they can also recognise the common "illegal" number plates. Don't the IOM police have more important things to be doing?

I don't see the problem with illegal number plates.  Why don't the forces that be just adapt their cameras and stuff so they can also recognise the common "illegal" number plates.  Don't the IOM police have more important things to be doing?

So, instead of enforcing the law, you think the police have better things to do, such as tinkering with their cameras to accommodate law breakers? Great thinking.

Is having standard, easy to read vehicle identification really too much to ask of people? The reason we have number plates is simple. It's to identify vehicles if they are involved in an accident, or are driving dangerously. I like that idea. I'd hate to get hit by car, and then tell the police "well, the number plate looked a bit like 'BATMAN' but I can't really be sure cos it had funny letters and screws all over the place".

Mind you, I used a penknife to alter the numbers on my credit card so it looked like it said "mr sausages is sexy". Shops won't accept it anymore, but I'm hoping someone (a lady) will think it's true and want to shag me.

I can never see the point in having a "cherished " government number plate for my vehicle. I just think some people have a lot of money to waste when I see them. So what if you only have two numbers on a plate? WOW! I do suggest it would be a good way of collecting cash for the Treasury if the Government sold plates like BATMAN and other such daft names ending in MAN for large sums of money or auction them. It would be a good way of taxing the rich and stupid. Can you suggest some plates for the characters on this forum?

Are your plates legal

That's an illegal number plate.

Sir Dick if yours is the correct size it'll be legal. FCmrrs isn't as it doesn't have the three legs of man symbol on it. It's also the wrong colour.

Are your plates legal

I don't see the problem with illegal number plates. Why don't the forces that be just adapt their cameras and stuff so they can also recognise the common "illegal" number plates. Don't the IOM police have more important things to be doing?

Is it a Manx plate? Looks more English to me.

Archived