Illegal Number Plates

FCMR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm surprised that forum member GD4ELI hasn't responded to this topic given that he saved on buying a personalised number by changing his name instead.

Erm - don't quite get that one - anyway I don't have a car here in Switzerland and my mother's 1989 Metro 1000 City is just right for the IOM :rolleyes: as I am usually at the front of any convoy :ph34r: !

As far as I'm aware, you can either have the plates with the 3 legs and dashes (see the CMN one earlier in the thread) or you can have one without the legs but with dashes, such as this one:

post-151-1126010494_thumb.jpg

If your car was built/registered before 1989 then the black and silver plates are legal. I'm not sure about plates without the legs and without dashes, you see them on most 90s registered cars - they might be legal as well since they were registered before the legislation which meant that you had to have dashes, whether it was with or without the legs.

Has anyone reported FCMR yet for this disgraceful breaking of the law?

I mean we all know who he is don't we.

And it's a serious offence.

DO IT, and Ill bet I dont get done :)

Honest question - are you saying that's because you believe that they are legal, or because you believe that the local police simply couldn't give a xxxx?

Honest question - are you saying that's because you believe that they are legal, or because you believe that the local police simply couldn't give a xxxx?

Nah, it's because he's got a MHK in his pocket ;)

Nah, it's because he's got a MHK in his pocket ;)

I wish I had, are you sure you did not mean I had one empty my pockets :lol:

The thing I can't understand is why the Government seem to stipulate the MAN or MN has to be in the number.

Is this because it shows it's a Manx plate or what?

As you are supposed to have a GBM sticker on the vehicle if you go of Island, what differance does it make?

I was under the impression that the DVLA in the UK lend the IOM any registration number containing "MN" and "MAN".

Seems to me that the current clampdown on illegal plates is a first step towards the island getting gatso's.

Archived