How would you sell it?

Derek Flint

For €100,000 yearly tax committment, Italy will give HNWIs residency and, after 5 years, a european passport.   While that's out of my league,  if I was a HNWI it wouldn't be hard to choose between Italy and IOM for quality of life.   IOM wins on personal security, which is important, but not much else.    

"The Isle of Man.  It's not actually as shit as some might make you believe.  Although you'll regret trying to make any improvements." 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

New job advertised on Jobtrain.

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/iomgovjobs/Job/JobDetail?JobId=16749  - Senior Inward Investment Partner.

"The is an exciting position within Locate Isle of Man where the main purpose of the post is to attract, and support the inward migration of, high net worth (HNW) individuals, their families and businesses to the Isle of Man."

How would you go about selling the place to the good and the great right now?

Looks like someone’s fixed term contract is coming to and end and DfE need to undertake due process to demonstrate a transparent recruitment process for the ‘replacement’.

• Haha 1

"If you're very wealthy we'd like to hear from you. Our national finances are in shit order because we lost both control and sense of reality and proportion some time ago and so we'd like you to contribute some of your wealth to the state of affairs in order that we can continue unabated in the same vein.

What can we offer in return for your generosity? Well, we offer an environment much less spoilt than England but we'll bend planning wherever possible to help you change that.

We've got a private jet facility at the airport but we can't give you any assurances about actually being able to land or get airborne if the weather's not too clement or ATC need time out for tea and tiffin.

We've got a hospital but there's been a few very public staffing issues of late, we'd appreciate it if you can go private across.

Being wealthy, you'll have no problems with our electricity and gas prices of course, in fact the reasons for the former are something we'd rather not discuss.

Our highly pensioned civil service is at your disposal and is one of the main reasons we need you.

But to be honest we're desperate and any contributions would be gratefully received, we are actually the world's biggest charity bucket, please give generously".

Yours ever

Alf and Alex 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

If Porsches were the measure of HNWs here, there must be thousands of the buggers???

Common as muck those Porsches?

Give a Kid a lump of Plasticine to shape a car and yes, it will look like a Porsche!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’d get kickbacks to find immigration loopholes to get HNWIs from places at the very top of the global corruption index over here, and then get out of Dodge before it goes completely GTA with Belarusian and Kyrgyz mobs in the ganglands down in Castle Mona Avenue. I’d then use my kickbacks & call in a few favors to buy a couple of tower blocks in Dubai Marina from the very same HNWIs. I’d then see out my days singing ‘oh land of our birth’ on a massive yacht crewed entirely by Uzbek pole dancers. 

I’m sure I could get it all signed off by Compliance in no time. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

"You'll look forward to going back"?

Just had visitors from USA and Canada - over for the TT (who would have thought ..but thats another thread).  Both interested in re-locating here ..one interested particularly interested in starting a business here and one for locating his family here.  Reason - because of the things that make the Isle of Man special .... the countryside, the people.  Favourite place 'Old Peel' ..   The dirty chinese granite and big 'relocate here' posters were a turn off.  Why cant the IOM just be the best it can be.  Stop trying to be an offshoot of Liverpool ... Safe environment, good healthcare and education are key.  Rambling estates, crumbling healthcare and education and uncontrolled migration to boost numbers are not

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

7 hours ago, Maugholdmafia said:

The Isle of Man is a Biosphere zone, this means you can fly here in your private jets and helicopters and look out window at the Manx peasants below while knowing that you fart net zero emissions.

We will use our nepotism and corruption to protect you and your assets. 

This includes access to our court system and guarantees that you will never be prosecuted for any crimes you commit.  The heads of our police force and courts will protect you, so please feel free to drink drive and break as many laws as you please.

We will instruct our nationalised copy and paste media stations, including Manx Radio; to not report on any crimes or controversies you are accused of commiting while in the UK. We previously protected Lingerie Lord and Lady as an example. 

isle of man. Where you can if you have money

Rubbish what happened to Raj

1 hour ago, germann said:

I’d get kickbacks to find immigration loopholes to get HNWIs from places at the very top of the global corruption index over here, and then get out of Dodge before it goes completely GTA with Belarusian and Kyrgyz mobs in the ganglands down in Castle Mona Avenue. I’d then use my kickbacks & call in a few favors to buy a couple of tower blocks in Dubai Marina from the very same HNWIs. I’d then see out my days singing ‘oh land of our birth’ on a massive yacht crewed entirely by Uzbek pole dancers. 

I’m sure I could get it all signed off by Compliance in no time. 

I see that there is no requirement for the applicants to be able to speak Russian or Mandarin or Cantonese. Mind you, we must be careful with some native Cantonese speakers – they could be Hong Kong’s freedom activists (not the usual kleptocrats/oligarchs clientele with oodles of wonga without verifiable sources of wealth but are enthusiastic Tory donors) who just might start bringing their awkward freedom aspirations to the Isle of Man.

• Like 1