Crap Food Alert

Slim

Duped into going there form recent press advertorials promising fresh food, new management, blah blah.

Overpriced (kids meals £4, mains £7) Lunch took nearly an hour to arrive, which made me well late for work. When it did it was stale, browning salads, warm cheese, hard crusted coleslaw, yummy. Hard mash, and microwaved muck. Oh and they got one of the kids orders wrong too, but we'd waited so long we couldn't be arsed to change it.

Lots of people complaining while we were there. I'd avoid. Wish I'd gone to greens...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duped into going there form recent press advertorials promising fresh food, new management, blah blah.

Overpriced (kids meals £4, mains £7) Lunch took nearly an hour to arrive, which made me well late for work. When it did it was stale, browning salads, warm cheese, hard crusted coleslaw, yummy. Hard mash, and microwaved muck. Oh and they got one of the kids orders wrong too, but we'd waited so long we couldn't be arsed to change it.

Lots of people complaining while we were there. I'd avoid. Wish I'd gone to greens...

Aha !, lucky escape then, saw the parking chaos and went round the corner for a nice tuna bap :D

Went there with herself bank holiday Monday. Had a quick coke and left without ordering, the tables were covered in fag ash and bits of food. The only vacant tables hadn't been cleared when we got there and were still full of dirty plates when we left about 20 minutes later.

Not the best first impression I've ever seen, especially as there only seemed to be one member of staff waiting on.

Went to the Whitestone in Ballasalla for a lovely meal and stayed for most of the afternoon.

Having read this thread and thinking it was i bit harsh, Called into the plough tonight for a drink, had a look around at the food being served-well young waitresses walking round with food with not a clue what table to bring it to- i thought the food looked ok. BUT, whilst at the bar a whitnessed two people ask for the manager to complane about the service and food!

I dont think I will ever eat there now.

Always enjoyed my meals @ the Horse & Plough, not been for a while though.

Try the Marine in Peel. Freshly prepared food, roasts that are slow cooked all night every night, the best veggie menu on the Island, kids/small portions available at a cheaper price. Well nice, though a bit of a trek if you've only an hour.

Try the Marine in Peel. Freshly prepared food, roasts that are slow cooked all night every night, the best veggie menu on the Island, kids/small portions available at a cheaper price. Well nice, though a bit of a trek if you've only an hour.

The Marine is very good. They are also small child friendly .. means a lot.

I've always found the Highlander excellent and the other place just down the road on the other side of the course (can't remember the name) do fantastic steaks.

anywhere that does frozen crap food imho should not be given a licence to trade, my pet hate frozen chips, how difficult is it to chop up a bloody spud ffs

Archived