Crap Food Alert

Slim

I've always found the Highlander excellent and the other place just down the road on the other side of the course (can't remember the name) do fantastic steaks.

The Hawthorn. I've been there a few times and it was excellent. They're a pub that really focus on their food so they do a good job of it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Port Erin and Port St Mary are places we go to eat and drink quite regularly.

The Sunday Carvery is really good in the Ocean Castle Port Erin. The Falcon's Nest does super food and Chequers is really good bar food. All of these places welcome small children and they are all reasonably priced.

My favourite place on the Island is The Albert in Port St Mary. It has good food and it is a proper pub. The only problem is dragging my husband from the bar afterwards. .. Not a good place for children though.

Please keep suggestions coming - I am over in 4 weeks and gave up eating out last time - some new places I haven't tried are on this list.

You should try Coasters down on the quay. I go there quite alot, the food is fantastic and the service is great (difficult to find on the iom).

Quay in Ramsey, right?

Please keep suggestions coming - I am over in 4 weeks and gave up eating out last time - some new places I haven't tried are on this list.

Love Thai BTW.

My faves: Highwayman in Peel, Colours on the prom for fish n chips, Hawthown, Greens, Tanrogan for seafood (if you can catch him open), Paparazi on the prom, The Bay in Pt Erin especially the puddings, Harbour Bistro in Ramsey, oh and the Rovers for a cheap n simple lunch.

Archived