Lloyds Pharmacy

WTF

3 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

It's always better to go to the independent chemists  than the chain pharmacies.

I've had good service from both in the past until recently which, as Numbnuts has said, has been down to lack of availability of the medicines more than anything else.

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

It would be a blessing for Ramsey if Lloyds ceased to be.  Despite there being three it is rarely possible to get in and out of any of them in less than 45 minutes as they are either closed or rammed.  Anything else would be an improvement 

That may have been true a few months ago ( well it was) but there has been quite a dramatic turnaround of late ( not quite sure why or how). The Lloyd’s I use in Ramsey rarely now has a queue of more than say, two people.

Normally in and out of there to collect a prescription in a matter of minutes.

20 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Karsons have never let us down!

Yes.. they are very good and used to use them when I was living there. 

In Douglas , Kinrades is  also very good 

Edited by mad_manx
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

Why does a town the size of Ramsey need 3 branches of the same pharmacy?

cos if you let someone else use the same premises for the same purpose you have lost your local monopoly, better to buy out the competition where practicable.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Something for public comment/statement from Manx Care?   DHSS (as was) must have agreed to give out licences to operate as a pharmacy to Lloyds at the time - they must have spotted the imbalance between Lloyds and the others - not a monopoly, but nearly half of the pharmacies on the island.

I presume that Manx Care have a pharmacy equivalent of the Medical Director - maybe this person needs to outline their plan if Lloyds collapses completely.   It’s not as if it hasn’t been flagged up as a possibility for some time.   Or maybe this person is banned from speaking to the public - or the minister…  (Ooh! Satire alert!)

Maybe Ashy could bang on about how awful the situation is 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

That may have been true a few months ago ( well it was) but there has been quite a dramatic turnaround of late ( not quite sure why or how). The Lloyd’s I use in Ramsey rarely now has a queue of more than say, two people.

Normally in and out of there to collect a prescription in a matter of minutes.

That’s nothing to do with them.

Its everything to do with anyone who can switching to an out of town chemist.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well whoever it’s got to do with that is my experience these days

I wasn’t arguing with you.  I just stated it’s because people got fed up and where possible started using alternatives rather than relying on the ones in Ramsey.

Karson in Kirk Michael must have seen a huge upturn in business, and the same at their one in Onchan

• Like 1

Lloyds did to the island what ramsey bakery did to the isle of man, bought up up the small independent bakery's (a travesty in my own mind) then proceeded to consolidate the shops gradualy reducing the number to what we have. Have always gone to to the independents and ironically looks like that is going to be the only choice.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

I wasn’t arguing with you.  I just stated it’s because people got fed up and where possible started using alternatives rather than relying on the ones in Ramsey.

Karson in Kirk Michael must have seen a huge upturn in business, and the same at their one in Onchan

I know you weren’t and what you say makes sense. I know a few people who now go to Kirk Michael instead because it was a real ordeal getting your prescription in Ramsey.

Not sure that’s the whole explanation though. People put up with the queueing for months and it wasn’t a gradual change as you may have expected. It happened pretty quickly. 

Anyway no matter.