Lloyds Pharmacy

WTF

26 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I must say I'd noticed the same omnipresence of green crosses when I was in Greece and this article from 2014 explains the situation there - you'll notice that the number of pharmacies per population has dropped quite a bit since.

I had the misfortune to be taken ill whilst in Greece some years ago resulting in  a spell in hospital there. Was very well looked after

17 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

That would go well, I'm sure.

Instead of the staff getting abused by customers they'd be doing it to themselves. Considering how even getting the basics of regular repeat prescriptions right and in time seems beyond them would you trust them to have the right stock ordered and available? 

Then it'd collapse after hiking prescription rates tenfold (coz more money always solves the problem until the next budget) and all the staff would go off on the sick and end up with early retirement and compensation. Then an enquiry and lessons learned.

Hopefully they'd offer free condoms before screwing us over bigly but I doubt they'd figure that out either.

Given the databases they have, cannot a district like Ramsey (and satellite parishes) have a 'quota' for number of pharmacy licenses per 4,000 population and a simple rule that at least one of the 'x' licenses must be independent of the rest. i.e Lloyds could have 2 of the 3 in Ramsey.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Instead of the staff getting abused by customers they'd be doing it to themselves. Considering how even getting the basics of regular repeat prescriptions right and in time seems beyond them would you trust them to have the right stock ordered and available? 

Then it'd collapse after hiking prescription rates tenfold (coz more money always solves the problem until the next budget) and all the staff would go off on the sick and end up with early retirement and compensation. Then an enquiry and lessons learned.

Hopefully they'd offer free condoms before screwing us over bigly but I doubt they'd figure that out either.

Given the databases they have, cannot a district like Ramsey (and satellite parishes) have a 'quota' for number of pharmacy licenses per 4,000 population and a simple rule that at least one of the 'x' licenses must be independent of the rest. i.e Lloyds could have 2 of the 3 in Ramsey.

That would sidestep the requirement for brown envelopes.

50 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Well you are making the assumption that someone ( company or person) would be interested in taking on the other one In Ramsey.

I can’t imagine that’s an attractive proposition at the moment

34 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

I think the first bit happens - or used to.  The DHSC would only licence a certain number of pharmacies in a particular location.  But it's very difficult to see how they could stop them being bought up by a chain as happened with Lloyds (though I seem to remember at one time there was actually a local connection with them).

11 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I had the misfortune to be taken ill whilst in Greece some years ago resulting in  a spell in hospital there. Was very well looked after

I hope you're feeling feta. 

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Poster in the what remains of the window of the Castletown branch saying all the IoM branches are in the process of being transferred to a new owner.....

I think they’ve been trying to offload the business onto Manx Care without much success in the last few months.