MHK’s being childish

Asthehills

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

Some of the old school politicians got up to all sorts of shenanigans, but they didn’t leave the island in a complete mess. Rogues, Villains and Bent - I’m sure we can relate stories. I just want normal boring respectability, family leaning, setting a good example. Knows how to use a knife and fork, speak well, not a shouty gobby idiot, capable of thinking without the aid of a civil servant. Not forgetting knows how to act in public, dress appropriately in colour coordinated fashion, doesn’t act like a buffoon either. Perhaps I’m asking too much? 

Sounds like an Athol Street  legal practice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Some of our old school and maybe deceased ex politicos weren’t as pure as the driven snow, some would say, they were easily pliable, for the right price. Maybe so, but compared to our current crop, they achieved things, had decorum and to some extent knew how to behave. 

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

Some of the old school politicians got up to all sorts of shenanigans, but they didn’t leave the island in a complete mess. Rogues, Villains and Bent - I’m sure we can relate stories. I just want normal boring respectability, family leaning, setting a good example. Knows how to use a knife and fork, speak well, not a shouty gobby idiot, capable of thinking without the aid of a civil servant. Not forgetting knows how to act in public, dress appropriately in colour coordinated fashion, doesn’t act like a buffoon either. Perhaps I’m asking too much? 

Forgot to add - can keep their trousers on!

• Haha 1

This government is like a rudderless ship sailing stormy seas without a compass and no idea of where they are  heading  with a Captain who seems distracted and a crew that have being found wanting.   That is being kind.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

I see nothing wrong with going to the pub. Having a drink, a pint, glass or short is acceptable. However, what I am saying, based upon stories of heavy drinking (which may or not be true), coupled with the famous personal life stories (which again may or not be true) doesn’t reflect well. I don’t want our politicos on the piss, raving it up, creating scandals etc. I don’t want them either indulging in petty arguments (either if Rob Callister is proven right, he should just let it rest), spats, Twitter or Facebook arguments either. A real CM leader would be banging heads together, uniting MHKs to work together, to sort out the mess the island is in. Hooperman has a Department in such a demoralising mess, and he is incapable of doing anything but bullshit. Rob Callister has his faults but to some extent he could easily do supporting departmental roles. He also provides the island with comical light relief, which lightens the mood and provides a water cooler moment. 

What we have is a CM who is ineffective, has allowed power battles to happen, won’t rule with an iron fist. Personally I would put Clare Barber to Health - she can’t do any worse, and Hooperman can deal with Animal, Vegetable or Mineral. 

What like Boris/Liz/David?

9 minutes ago, ADELE said:

This government is like a rudderless ship sailing stormy seas without a compass and no idea of where they are  heading  with a Captain who seems distracted and a crew that have being found wanting.   That is being kind.

No. Good analogy

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I thought he was O.K. until he got his head stuck up his ass over the Ranson debacle. It was none of his making but he's determined to keep digging. If I was his boss he'd be sorted out before he does any more damage. Maybe Alf's eye is not on the ball ?

He's never aspired to the dizzy heights of being okay.

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2023 at 5:01 PM, Asthehills said:

I had him down as the first of COMiN to get binned.  It hasn’t turned out to be the case and he has lasted longer than I expected.

I still foresee him saying or doing something completely inappropriate and being turfed out at some point though. 

He has his little fan club of political members in DHSC, same mentality as him and now we see why the ladies wanted him back. Pack of nasties in DHSC political gang. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ADELE said:

Lots of promises in this space, at the end of the day, going forward but not many achievements so far.

How many new houses have been built since the last election?

• Like 1