MER Cover Up

HelmutX

2 hours ago, fredtosser said:

There is a rumour doing the rounds within the DOI that a certain retired director of Transport was involved in another tram incident during the recent event, where he moved off before being told to by a conductor (who was another senior employee of DOI), and the conductor fell off the back and broke his ankle. Further alleged that injured party was not wearing appropriate ppe and is now in hot water. 

Does PPE stop you falling off or just make the fall highly visible? 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Gladys said:

This is IOMG.  The last thing they want is for anything to be visible  -look how hard it was to get any information about Longworth's previous accident.  Everyone is probably meant to be wearing No-Viz.

47 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Or did they purchase it from Dougie and 'Chelle? 

30 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

There's photos of organised groups of anoraks stood all over the track - none of them wearing hi-vis. 

H&S only applies when they say it should. 

Frankly I think H&S is responsible for the proliferation of modern day idiocy.  It unfortunately keeps dumb people alive a lot longer. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Or did they purchase it from Dougie and 'Chelle? 

Frankly I think H&S is responsible for the proliferation of modern day idiocy.  It unfortunately keeps dumb people alive a lot longer. 

Fair comment. But it's implementation should be uniform or not at all. 

3 hours ago, fredtosser said:

There is a rumour doing the rounds within the DOI that a certain retired director of Transport was involved in another tram incident during the recent event, where he moved off before being told to by a conductor (who was another senior employee of DOI), and the conductor fell off the back and broke his ankle. Further alleged that injured party was not wearing appropriate ppe and is now in hot water.

I have never seen a tram enthusiast who, when within 50 feet of a tram, does not have a camera continually clicking away.

There may be a recording of the incident, but I suspect that the enthusiasts will be more protective about the trams than an MHK is towards Civil servants.

I rather doubt that any senior DoI person will be in hot water. Not even a lukewarm shower.

11 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

There may be a recording of the incident, but I suspect that the enthusiasts will be more protective about the trams than an MHK is towards Civil servants.

They have circled their wagons (no pun intended) now that they know cutbacks are coming. 

54 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Quick bit of detective work... if you visit this Facebook page 

You will see the below photo of anoraks and trams. 

If you zoom in closer on one of the trams that face looks very familiar... 

Screenshot_20230803-150818_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230803-150839_Facebook.jpg

Looks like the Monopoly guy without his hat. 

• Haha 2