MUA water meters

Banker

14 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think it's probably both now.  I've a feeling the old water/sewage employees we moved to a combined scale some time ago.  Given that over 100 of the 350 or so MUA employees are on over £50k, it seems likely.

Indeed, we went from separate Water and Sewerage Authorities to WASA around 2014, WASA was then shortly afterwards combined with the old MEA to form MUA. The respective debts and liabilities of both were also then combined.

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

That's the leccy lot. 

No there all the same, every employee seems to have a big white four by four vehicle  all the comforts going , drive around Douglas some evening they are parked up everywhere   , some don't move for days  ,  they have come a long way since  the outside staff ran Lada's 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Well it has plenty to do with water costs if we had water meters we would only be paying for what we use.

Do you honestly think the they would let you pay less. The least you would be paying is what it is at the moment, of course higher users would see an significant rise. Which would show we have the highest cost for water in Europe,(Which is why they are resisting meters so as not to show it) And thus giving them more money to squander instead of at least trying to reduce there debt which they  seem content just to service

4 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

we have the highest cost for water in Europe

I’d like to see the figures for that claim.

Whether we have the highest cost of collection, storage treatment and supply, per unit volume won’t change if we put meters in. The figures remain the same, except for additional cost of meter installation and reading,  and are publicly available.

I don’t even think we have the highest charge.

My water rates here, for a year, are less than half what I pay, metered, in Spain, and I’m there less than here.

In Spain Agbar, Barcelona Water, charge per cubic meter. There’s a standing charge. There are three bands. The more you consume, the more you get charged. It’s a way of rationing through pay. I get the first 27m3 at €0.50 per m3 then 11 at €1.13 per m3 and above 38m3 it’s €2 per m3. I reckon a family of 4 living full time, with a shower each per day and three washer loads a week would pay €40-50 a week for water.

And my water bill doesn’t cover sewage. I’ve a huge klargester digester tank. Every couple of/three years I have to phone the guy at the farm next door, who runs the tank emptying service for the local authority, and he charges €400 to empty.