We bought a boat but can't see what we paid for

HelmutX

Why is that we all bought a nice massive boat and are not allowed to see what we paid for?

Typical exclusive IOMG "transparency".

Alf - my rep, incumbent - will NOT get my vote again!

Why can't a reporting crew go on board and have a grand tour then make that your available? We pay, pay and get dis'd...

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Well it does seem a bit odd.

Many private businesses with a physical presence do have some sort of event for the public to present their wares upon opening. This strikes me as not dissimilar.

Having spent millions why would you not want to show it off to those who will be using it?

Up to them I suppose. A commercial decision probably but not one that is likely to endear them to the Manx public. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Manxman1234 said:

Disgusting, instead of training staff and carrying out safety drills they should be focusing on what really matters and allowing the islands keyboard warriors the chance to look around . Typical government with priorities all wrong 🙄

From the start the politicos, civil servants, VIPs and hangers on have been itching for a nosy around the new boat. They view this as their entitlement even though most won’t even set foot off the island, or even get the boat. It’s the hard working taxpayers who will pay towards the SPC along with freight users,  and passengers. This invite only soirée on the Manxman has wound a lot of people up, it achieves nothing but divides islanders into haves and have nots. It certain doesn’t create a sense of pride when you see politicos, big wigs, chinless wonders posing for pictures, the Leftenant Guvonor unveiling a plaque all recorded by the squadron of civil servants to be promoted on social media. 

I have an acquaintance who was one of the privileged few who sent me a few snaps. The ship certainly seems to be well appointed and decorated, some of the lounges are extraordinary. It is a quantum leap forward from the BMC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Manxman1234 said:

Next we will be demanding tours or Jurby and free over night stays as our tax payers money paid for that too 😂

We’ll I think that would be quite interesting.

But I think you’d have to draw the line somewhere. It perhaps wouldn’t be appropriate to offer tours of the morgue at Nobles hospital.

However members of public are able to take a tour of Tynwald which might give them a similar experience.

• Haha 3