We bought a boat but can't see what we paid for

HelmutX

I remember that the SPCo allowed people to tour the new Ben my Chree in 1998, but this was pre 911 with all of the security overkill imposed on travel.

Imagine having to record all the names and addresses, search everyone who gets on board, keep an eye on them and then clear up after 20,000 or so nosy buggers have tramped all over the place.   

4 hours ago, woolley said:

Well, yes, but the current debacle is with the contract placed in 2017 for the replacement vessels.

That’s for two boats. But those two should have been in the planning and ordering by 2005 latest. Both Labour and SNP screwed up fleet replacement. But then SNP went for buy local cronyism. Bit like Tories and Brexit really.

4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Thanks, RM. I clicked on the link. I then clicked on the "scheduled sitting dates" link - and got 404'ed. The lights were on but no one was at home. Or maybe the whole of Tynwald has gone sub judice.

Edited to add: Is it not possible to run a cron job to check all the links on a website to make sure none of them leads to dead-ends? OK, all of Tynwakd is a dead-end.

Edited by Two-lane

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

I sense there is an untold story behind the smiling emoji. Perhaps it is best to remain untold.

It's not exciting in the slightest. Only that I regularly got lost on the Ben too. There's a common denominator here - and it's not the boats. They were all different. Even if they all look the same. To me. 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Thanks, RM. I clicked on the link. I then clicked on the "scheduled sitting dates" link - and got 404'ed. The lights were on but no one was at home. Or maybe the whole of Tynwald has gone sub judice.

Edited to add: Is it not possible to run a cron job to check all the links on a website to make sure none of them leads to dead-ends? OK, all of Tynwakd is a dead-end.

The new Tynwald website is prone to 400-ing and 500-ing all the time.  The pages are there and will come back but the whole thing is incredibly flimsy and unreliable.  The same applies to when you try to find things on it, the results are strange if you get anything at all, but it's not even consistent in its errors or the results it produces.

Not sure it's due to poor programming or the inability of GTS to provide the support structure for it, but I've never known a website like it.  It's particularly bad at weekends for some reason.

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

That’s for two boats. But those two should have been in the planning and ordering by 2005 latest. Both Labour and SNP screwed up fleet replacement. But then SNP went for buy local cronyism. Bit like Tories and Brexit really.

Actually, there is nothing wrong with the sentiment of supporting local business and labour. I wouldn't condemn them for the principle, but you have to be realistic, and they weren't. Not rising to your routine nonsense about Brexit.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, woolley said:

Actually, there is nothing wrong with the sentiment of supporting local business and labour. I wouldn't condemn them for the principle, but you have to be realistic, and they weren't. Not rising to your routine nonsense about Brexit.

Which is why I identified what went on between the SNP and Fergusons as cronyism. And there’s no doubt that brexiteer Tories are all deeply involved in cronyism.