We bought a boat but can't see what we paid for

HelmutX

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Operating at night and having someone accidentally switch all the lights off whilst trying to locate another control would be rather embarrassing. 

I'd hope the possibility would be designed out by some fail safe system in the same way that I hope they are unable to open the watertight doors accidentally in the middle of a crossing.

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Perhaps they have to complete night sailing training before fully operating?   

It may be even simpler than that.  The Manxman is bigger and can carry more passengers, which means it will need to sail with a bigger minimum crew.  As overnight sailing are less popular anyway, it's probably cheaper to run them on the Ben and use fewer people.

On 7/15/2023 at 7:29 PM, Roger Mexico said:

The new Tynwald website is prone to 400-ing and 500-ing all the time.  The pages are there and will come back but the whole thing is incredibly flimsy and unreliable.  The same applies to when you try to find things on it, the results are strange if you get anything at all, but it's not even consistent in its errors or the results it produces.

Not sure it's due to poor programming or the inability of GTS to provide the support structure for it, but I've never known a website like it.  It's particularly bad at weekends for some reason.

It's meant to be a virtual representation of the real thing online. They wanted authenticity. Superb job.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, woolley said:

I'd hope the possibility would be designed out by some fail safe system in the same way that I hope they are unable to open the watertight doors accidentally in the middle of a crossing.

I meant the internal lighting rather than the navigation lights.  Since the Herald of Free Enterprise disaster I think most vessels are built with systems that restrict the use of the watertight doors.