We bought a boat but can't see what we paid for

HelmutX

On 7/7/2023 at 9:57 AM, Asthehills said:

I admit I couldn’t see the point of going on for a nosey, but to be honest I would happily pay for a go in the emergency exercise and a trip down the vertical tumble tubes.

IMG_7320.jpeg

IMG_7322.png

My question is this, a fully grown adult is supposed to jonk around the inside, slowing them down. But, what happens if the ship is sinking and you have to yeet a child down that thing. Do they go hand in hand with the adult? What if it’s two parents and three kids, is one just sacrificed to the vertical abyss?

11 minutes ago, Chie said:

My question is this, a fully grown adult is supposed to jonk around the inside, slowing them down. But, what happens if the ship is sinking and you have to yeet a child down that thing. Do they go hand in hand with the adult? What if it’s two parents and three kids, is one just sacrificed to the vertical abyss?

Presumably that is what the crew is being trained to help you with. 

There is a tour of the interior on MR, it looks lovely;  tastefully and well appointed.  Nice little touches like "welcome aboard, this is the green staircase" rather than just a sign saying "green staircase".  The kennels also look much better than the sad cages in the BMC and Mannanan. 

14 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The kennels also look much better than the sad cages in the BMC and Mannanan. 

Enough about steerage for the locals.... 🤭

• Haha 4

On 7/5/2023 at 11:38 AM, Manxman2000 said:

Yes, just waite for the first big winds once she is in service.  can't get into Heysham or Douglas or Liverpool.  she is like a big sail. I think they call it windage.   

was the cost not £78 mil

The same was said about the Ben My Chree and she had done alright..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

The same was said about the Ben My Chree and she had done alright..

the Ben had to have additional Ballast before  entering service her first few trips were  very lively  but a few tons of concrete in the right places put paid to that ,and she was an excellent sea boat ,   

Just an observation the Manxman is berthed on the Manannans linkspan so the Manannan docked on the Ben's linkspan all tickety boo so why do we need to spend millions extending the dolphin when they could just stick with that arrangement?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

Just an observation the Manxman is berthed on the Manannans linkspan so the Manannan docked on the Ben's linkspan all tickety boo so why do we need to spend millions extending the dolphin when they could just stick with that arrangement?

The plaque’s  already engraved , and Alf wants his name somewhere. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

the Ben had to have additional Ballast before  entering service her first few trips were  very lively  but a few tons of concrete in the right places put paid to that ,and she was an excellent sea boat ,   

Yes, I recall but that wasn't to do with windage.  She was just riding too high in the water for passenger comfort.