BBC - AGAIN

Passing Time

The BBC is this guys employer, allegedly.

Unless he was doing what is alleged on air, or from his BBC office, I don’t get what business it is of the BBC, except internally they need to manage reputational risk..

The mum, says she didn’t want the star to send more money, not an enquiry.

She, or the Sun could have reported this to the police. Why didn’t she, or the Sun?

Telling the Sun, having this all over the media, isn’t going to help her son, far from it.

Would there be the same fuss and expectation on the employer to do something, if it had been a train company, or a bank?

Motivation needs looking at.

• Like 2

Curiouser and curiouser.

“Claims made by the mother at the heart of the BBC presenter scandal are "rubbish", a lawyer representing the young person has said.

In a letter to the BBC, the lawyer makes claims that throw doubt on the story that has dominated front pages through the weekend.

It says the young person sent a denial to the Sun on Friday evening saying there was "no truth to it".

However, the "inappropriate article" was still published, the lawyer said.

The Sun has been approached for comment.

The lawyer writes in the letter: "For the avoidance of doubt, nothing inappropriate or unlawful has taken place between our client and the BBC personality and the allegations reported in the Sun newspaper are rubbish."”

Fictional scenario. Work of fiction. No relationship to any person living or dead.

Mum, to druggie son. “Where are you getting the money to fund your habit?”

DS ( off his tits ) “that nice BBC TV presenter X has been sending me £1000 a month for 3 years. In exchange I’ve been sending him naughty photos.”

Mum. “I must write to the BBC to ask them to stop X from sending cash”

BBC does nothing. No proof, no evidence.

Mum. “I’m going to tell the Sun”

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

The BBC is this guys employer, allegedly.

Unless he was doing what is alleged on air, or from his BBC office, I don’t get what business it is of the BBC, except internally they need to manage reputational risk..

The mum, says she didn’t want the star to send more money, not an enquiry.

She, or the Sun could have reported this to the police. Why didn’t she, or the Sun?

Telling the Sun, having this all over the media, isn’t going to help her son, far from it.

Would there be the same fuss and expectation on the employer to do something, if it had been a train company, or a bank?

Motivation needs looking at.

By not reporting to the police, could it be mother hoping for some hush money?

16 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

The Sun regularly pays people for stories...

If the story is scandalous enough you get paid plus your five minutes of fame.

I see Scotland Yard are not investigating this alleged criminal offence.  If they had been given evidence then they should be investigating and not the BBC. 

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

It's all utterly bizarre.

The kid could have been bought off of course? Mum and dad contact a newspaper to say something happened they then send a lawyers letter denying it. So it either did t happen, or you wonder if a big cheque and an NDA have changed hands in the last few days? 

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

It was reported that the family had declined payment for the story, which would seem a strange way to go about hoping for hush money. A bit late for hush too!

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

her son,

Do we even know the sex? All I have seen reported, although I certainly haven't sifted through it forensically, is that it involves a male BBC presenter and a teenager. Or are we simply assuming that a male BBC presenter would only be interested in a boy?