Southern 100 Deaths

Harry Lamb

21 minutes ago, joebean said:

This seems a very principled decision from a tight-knit club and marshal community. Gritting teeth and carrying on may be the usual way but two men have died and it’s not before time that the finality and importance of that had been recognised. Racing bikes is not that important or essential, to anybody. 

Agree with the sentiment but sounds like this is more to do with the ongoing police investigation and the associated road closure which made racing impossible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Very sad for all involved.

It may sound harsh but sometimes the best thing is to grit your teeth and carry on. It helps to stop dwelling on the sadness and pain. 

Stopping the whole event sets a precedent which may begin to make the future running of the races very difficult?

Protect the TT at all costs attitude.

well I suppose the Marshall and rider died doing what they loved, hey?

what’s happened here is bloody awful. Hope both families find peace in this.

Edited by Gizo

Gizo, I will assume that you are an intelligent being.  Re-read your last and imagine you are a member of the rider’s or the marshal’s family.  (In case you are not an intelligent being, it is the “hey?” bit.). Clever in the circumstances?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, joebean said:

This seems a very principled decision from a tight-knit club and marshal community. Gritting teeth and carrying on may be the usual way but two men have died and it’s not before time that the finality and importance of that had been recognised. Racing bikes is not that important or essential, to anybody. 

Most sports and hobbies are not important or essential to anybody. Except for the person who is doing it. Your comments are demeaning and degrading towards the two men who lost their lives and the two injured. If I were admin, I would suspend you.

God rest the souls of the two men. God bless their families and friends. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Typical of someone like you to post crass comments on someone’s tragic death 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Most sports and hobbies are not important or essential to anybody. Except for the person who is doing it. Your comments are demeaning and degrading towards the two men who lost their lives and the two injured. If I were admin, I would suspend you.

No one gets suspended for an opinion.

Only for breaches of the T&Cs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gizo said:

I get you on this and my first thought was the decision to cancel is 100% correct.

Second observation is former rider and travelling Marshall is so blinkered he can insinuate cancelling is wrong because TT at all cost (even bystanders lives)

Thirdly - it’s exactly this kind of incident that confirms my opinion of road racing.

Fourth - a senior Travelling Marshall obviously with some sway because of the position appointed to is campaigning to move it to Jurby and crack on as if nothing happened, he was so concerned he posted a look at me social media photo drinking wine and smoking fags saying how sorry he was - Jim Hunter

For all the anti TT shite I spout - this incident 100% proves the difference in mindset.

The right decision has been made the gammon minority say crack on.

Times up I’m afraid.

Condolences to those involved and affected.

• Like 2

Now isn't the time for throwing rocks at the motorsport lobby. 

What's happened is horrific and should never have happened. 

The amount of time and resources the police and other emergency services have committed to this suggests it is rather more involved than the usual TT/S100/MGP incidents which are cleared up relatively quickly. 

There's a process that will be followed and once that's complete and the facts are known, then it can be debated. 

I just cannot imagine how family/friends will be feeling and anyone unfortunate enough to have witnessed it. Hopefully anyone needing support after this will be provided with it by Manx Care and other agencies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

One has to imagine that the prolonged Police attention to this indecent is because the Marshal  falls into the category of an 'innocent bystander' rather than the racer with their risks? Incidents on the TT course do not usually attract this police attention because there is only one person involved????

Did the marshal enter the course or did the bike/rider  enter the marshals area of safety? Is that why the police are further involved?

I know the police ask us not to speculate on the indecent but  Jeeze, have they not heard of Social Media????? Release the details, then it is not speculation  ???????

It is of course, a very sad occasion  for all of those involved! it is not helped by the secrecy wound around  any of these incidents. Time to accept social media???

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

What a load of knee-jerk rubbish. Grow up and actually read what I wrote and think about the sentiment behind it, rather than assuming it. Thankfully, you are not an admin here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

One has to imagine that the prolonged Police attention to this indecent is because the Marshal  falls into the category of an 'innocent bystander' rather than the racer with their risks? Incidents on the TT course do not usually attract this police attention because there is only one person involved????

Did the marshal enter the course or did the bike/rider  enter the marshals area of safety? Is that why the police are further involved?

I know the police ask us not to speculate on the indecent but  Jeeze, have they not heard of Social Media????? Release the details, then it is not speculation  ???????

It is of course, a very sad occasion  for all of those involved! it is not helped by the secrecy wound around  any of these incidents. Time to accept social media???

With respect, why would you possibly need to know beyond what you already know? 

It's been just over 24 hours, the only people that 'need' to know are the emergency services and the immediate family of those involved. 

It's clear that two people have been killed and what happened was horrific, anyone can work that out based on the police response. The grim, nitty gritty details that you seem to be calling for aren't needed at this stage. 

There will be a strong element of public interest in the incident, but the public only need to know once the investigations are complete and it goes to inquest. 

I'm not defending anyone here. But there will be a time and place for the rest of it. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jetfour said:

Gizo, I will assume that you are an intelligent being.  Re-read your last and imagine you are a member of the rider’s or the marshal’s family.  (In case you are not an intelligent being, it is the “hey?” bit.). Clever in the circumstances?

Hold on bell end. It’s the pro tt wanker is telling us to grit and teeth and carry on. Like nothing has happened. And also to not stop the racing because his precious TT might get affected. 
Sometimes you need to read a thread before jumping in with two feet.