Southern 100 Deaths

Harry Lamb

1 minute ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Read what you wrote, read it again, take a minute to think about what you said - when the penny drops…….

Running away from an accident and being injured is 100% caught up in the incident.

Stop denying the obvious for your own needs and justification.

Although it is conceivably possible to run away from an accident without falling over (which is another accident).

Stop using your bigotry to invent a denial when there isn't one.

5 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Read what you wrote, read it again, take a minute to think about what you said - when the penny drops…….

Running away from an accident and being injured is 100% caught up in the incident.

Stop denying the obvious for your own needs and justification.

Stop twisting everything to suit your own needs and justification! 

It's quite clear what was meant, that they were not directly caught up in the actual incident. Meaning struck by debris or anything.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Why would a circuit attract competitors against any of the other circuits? The USP here is the road racing. 

It wouldn't. I agree. But it's the way to go. Road racing is dying. I don't want it to die, but it's dying. Insurance. Unnecessary deaths. I just can't see it sustaining. Might as well grasp the bull by the horns and make the break. Jurby is a fantastic space for a proper circuit. Not the crappy thing it is now, but a proper circuit. 

2 minutes ago, ADELE said:

Mike Hailwood raced all over Europe including the Isle of Man sadly he died in an accident going for a chip supper in the family car.   If your name is on the bullet…..

I don't think the risk of death going to the chippy is quite the same, but it's a point of view..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Stop twisting everything to suit your own needs and justification! 

It's quite clear what was meant, that they were not directly caught up in the actual incident. Meaning struck by debris or anything.

The actual incident or the same incident they were running away from.

Stop ignoring the truth to suit your own needs and justification 

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
People are dead John ffs
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Might as well grasp the bull by the horns and make the break.

If I were in charge, which I'm sure everyone is glad isn't the case, I'd develop Jurby and continue to run the TT/MGP/S100 until such a time that it was no longer possible, and then have an alternate circuit ready to go. No real reason it couldn't be on the BSB/feeder series calendars.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

What more do you want to know? What good would further information be to you or anyone else? 

i would like to have known whether either fatality was a local or not so i could determine if they were anybody i may have known directly or by association. 

27 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It wouldn't. I agree. But it's the way to go. Road racing is dying. I don't want it to die, but it's dying. Insurance. Unnecessary deaths. I just can't see it sustaining. Might as well grasp the bull by the horns and make the break. Jurby is a fantastic space for a proper circuit. Not the crappy thing it is now, but a proper circuit. 

Yes, but why spend millions, as it would likely cost, to build something that has no particular USP? 

FFS, don't give IOMG the idea!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I don't think the risk of death going to the chippy is quite the same, but it's a point of view..

And yet he's still as dead as he would have been as if he'd died racing a motorcycle. He'd certainly have been more aware of the potential danger racing his bike - but far more people die in open road accidents than in motorcycle races. Is this acceptable because more people use the roads than race bikes? Is it more acceptable because we drive cars on the road and so would be more affected by banning that than motorcycle road racing? It would certainly save more lives. Death is such an absolute thing, it's very difficult to decide what is acceptable and what isn't.

One thing is for sure, nobody is forced to race bikes or marshall against their will, and nobody does it without an acute awareness of the risks involved. People die doing it and no matter what anyone claims, nobody hides the fact. As Mick Grant said,"we're not playing tiddlewinks." Untimely death is a fact of life, as it was for Mike Hailwood on hi was to the chippy. Bike racing is dangerous but so is getting out of bed, or flying a helicopter (Steve Hislop), riding a bicycle (Nicky Hayden) getting cancer(Barry Sheene).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

And yet he's still as dead as he would have been as if he'd died racing a motorcycle. He'd certainly have been more aware of the potential danger racing his bike - but far more people die in open road accidents than in motorcycle races. Is this acceptable because more people use the roads than race bikes? Is it more acceptable because we drive cars on the road and so would be more affected by banning that than motorcycle road racing? It would certainly save more lives. Death is such an absolute thing, it's very difficult to decide what is acceptable and what isn't.

One thing is for sure, nobody is forced to race bikes or marshall against their will, and nobody does it without an acute awareness of the risks involved. People die doing it and no matter what anyone claims, nobody hides the fact. As Mick Grant said,"we're not playing tiddlewinks." Untimely death is a fact of life, as it was for Mike Hailwood on hi was to the chippy. Bike racing is dangerous but so is getting out of bed, or flying a helicopter (Steve Hislop), riding a bicycle (Nicky Hayden) getting cancer(Barry Sheene).

You start your argument from 50 years ago- I’ll start mine 3 days ago- is running away from a double fatality in view of many people witnessing the deaths and @Max Powersaying person not too injured because not much debris from a double death incident didn’t clobber them….

ill leave it with you