Fuel Prices

TheTool

Well is it fair we pay for the most expensive fuel in the world 99.9p a litre in the UK it is about 89.0p a litre so i would like to know why it costs 10p a litre more to bring it to the isle of man.

People say that the isle of man is great because it has cheaper tax but when you add up the living costs over here food prices are more expensive, heating, petrol, etc.

I can now see why people are going for solar panels and wind turbines.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some places in Scotland have been charging over a quid a litre for some time now, with transport costs being the main reason. It's only 99.9p per litre over here for diesel, not unleaded.

Last time I filled up at the Milestone (Monday) Unleaded was 95.9, Super was 98.9 and diesel was 99.9

Still takes the mickey, but then I'd rather pay a bit more for fuel and food than a lot more on income tax. (And having a Mortgage, it really is a massive chunk of tax I save by living here rather than the UK)

Swings and roundabouts...

When we we on the island a few weeks ago, petrol prices were a couple of pence higher than they are in Northern Ireland.

However, given that there a so few miles to cover on the island, and journeys are so short - that £10 worth of petrol lasts longer - if you know what I mean!

I was interested to see a second-hand car for sale on Bridson Street in Port Erin for £1000. It was a 17 year old VW with something like 50,000 genuine miles on the clock. Amazing..............

Thanks for that, I normally fill up on Sunday night so will now do it a day early.

That said, I really hope it isn't true. The company I work for already faces a yearly fuel bill of £60k, if it goes up the boss will be pushing for cuts in other areas.

Archived