Chris Thomas MHK sacked from DOI

48 minutes ago, Tailless said:

If Cannan bulldozes this through he is setting up the government for a massive lawsuit. There is significant advice against proceeding and surely any waiver of the license must be at least approved by Tynwald in advance?

The impression I get with IOMG nowadays, is akin to a gambling addict's strategy.  Continually chasing losses.  One final roll of the dice.  Shit or bust.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tailless said:

If Cannan bulldozes this through he is setting up the government for a massive lawsuit. There is significant advice against proceeding and surely any waiver of the license must be at least approved by Tynwald in advance?

A lawsuit from whom over what ? he doesn’t need Tynwald permission to vary license conditions as Alf confirmed in Tynwald yesterday 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

To be honest we need one last roll of the dice. This place will be fucked by the next general election. 

People have been saying that for a very long time. Sometimes even me a long time ago. In reality things will keep buggering on. Quoqunque jeceris stabit.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Presumably because he’s the only ex-MHK who’s prepared to give a relatively unfettered view for the watching millions?   Also, he has that “gamekeeper turned poacher” thing going on, you know - the old “I’ve seen the dirty linen that the public never gets to see” thing.

Having dealt with him in the past (pre MHK) I can tell you he's really not a very nice man at all. He was completely ineffective in the House of Keys, achieved jack shit as far as I can recall but he's very happy to blame everyone else but himself now. I can't listen to his condescending waffle.

5 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Bit harsh maybe but I don’t understand why Moulton wheels him out at every opportunity for his opinion on anything and everything.

4:40 in that clip, sons interest in deep water / cruise ships and also has skin in the game re Crogga. “I know for a fact….”
I bet he’s been in Alf’s ear a lot on re CT having doubts about drilling before 3D and is using the prominence he’s built re Ranson as leverage for his own interests. Moulton’s being used as patsy again but is too thick to realise it.

7 hours ago, woolley said:

Never saw anything quite like that in Tynwald, more's the pity.

Which are you referring to, the rolling of the dice or the young lady's assets?

It must be the latter, we've had plenty of chancers in Tynwald over the years, we're paying out quite a few jackpot pensions for the privilege....