Chris Thomas MHK sacked from DOI

Just now, GreyWolf said:

That’s the rub, most of us knew it would go pear shaped and will continue to do so unless the incompetent at the top are shown the door and most of our mhks stop being nodding dogs and earn there salaries,  lets have the transparency they all spout about and tell us who pushes through and is involved in these  continuing cock ups. The islands government is becoming a laughing stock.

Agreed. I miss the Brown and Bell days.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

That’s the rub, most of us knew it would go pear shaped and will continue to do so unless the incompetent at the top are shown the door and most of our mhks stop being nodding dogs and earn there salaries,  lets have the transparency they all spout about and tell us who pushes through and is involved in these  continuing cock ups. The islands government is becoming a laughing stock.

Becoming?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, ADELE said:

And where is Government going to get the money from to explore the wells or more importantly the expertise.    I heard a bit of the programme more bluster and bullshit from C.T.   He started off bleating about his unfair dismissal last time big mistake if you get the flick once it is unfortunate to get it twice is pretty damning.

You would have thought he would have studied the sacking and aftermath of Rob Callister. Was it wise to go on to the NPM so soon, or perhaps have given it a few months of reflective silence?

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

You would have thought he would have studied the sacking and aftermath of Rob Callister. Was it wise to go on to the NPM so soon, or perhaps have given it a few months of reflective silence?

I expect CT to be a thorn in Alfs side over the months to come and especially when Tynwald comes back after their school hols.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I expect CT to be a thorn in Alfs side over the months to come and especially when Tynwald comes back after their school hols.

Unfortunately whilst some of what he says is truthful and he has a point, he won’t get anywhere with CM Cannan, as CM Cannan is like a naughty child with fingers in his ears not wanting to listen. 

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Didn't CT pretty much say as much on Tuesday when he stood up to declare he was also resigning from the housing board? I seem to recall he used the word "unfettered". I took it to mean he plans on being a right pain in Alf's nether regions. 

• Like 1

He is unable to  manage the work he is given, just talk it to death with excuses and how if every one did as he said it would all be right. So would not be troubled about his thinly veiled threat,  even if you can understand what he is talking about he has not said anything meaningful just more bluster that seams to be locked in a loop. Who are these experts Alf has rode roughshod over, are they credible or just a mate of some one high up in the DOI hierarchy who is getting a nice fat fee to come up with a nice line or two that can be trotted out.

Either way  I think Cannan made the right choice in getting rid of (all mouth no trousers)Thomas. The saying makes as much sense as Thomas's blather , so let's roll the dice. Time to shit or get off the pot, as they say. 

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Zarley said:

Didn't CT pretty much say as much on Tuesday when he stood up to declare he was also resigning from the housing board? I seem to recall he used the word "unfettered". I took it to mean he plans on being a right pain in Alf's nether regions. 

Ahh, Ok. I thought it was to do with vegan Greek salad.

Piqued my interest for a second.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4