Chris Thomas MHK sacked from DOI

As an "outsider" if you want, can I just offer this one comment, in bold, on your current situation.

The islands residents go to the poll booths every 4-5 years and elect a lot of "popular" well known persons of no known wise intellect. When these random  "popular" people get into your Tynwald/ government they then have to try and  go to war with the Islands Civil service to be able to try and "govern".

Should it be that way?

That is all.

ETA

Why bother? The MHKs - until they are a proper group like a political party- will never win with the Blob.

This whole Ranson and now DOI stuff is just elected people fighting against the non elected, CS/ Blob

Roger, just a quick question.

At what point of an un-functioning government does my UK gov have to step in and take control?

I can't see it being that far off given the islands current shit state and Alf's piss poor government?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

As an "outsider" if you want, can I just offer this one comment, in bold, on your current situation.

The islands residents go to the poll booths every 4-5 years and elect a lot of "popular" well known persons of no known wise intellect. When these random  "popular" people get into your Tynwald/ government they then have to try and  go to war with the Islands Civil service to be able to try and "govern".

Should it be that way?

That is all.

ETA

Why bother? The MHKs - until they are a proper group like a political party- will never win with the Blob.

This whole Ranson and now DOI stuff is just elected people fighting against the non elected, CS/ Blob

Roger, just a quick question.

At what point of an un-functioning government does my UK gov have to step in and take control?

I can't see it being that far off given the islands current shit state and Alf's piss poor government?

Same time as the EU takes over the government of the failed UK, I guess

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So the word now is Crogga. Thomas didn't get sacked because of airport safety/reliability and trivial stuff like that - it was because Cannan wants Crogga to start shovelling large amounts of money into the gov. bank account asap so that he gets his pension secured.

5 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

So the word now is Crogga. Thomas didn't get sacked because of airport safety/reliability and trivial stuff like that - it was because Cannan wants Crogga to start shovelling large amounts of money into the gov. bank account asap so that he gets his pension secured.

Probably because Crogga ended up in bureaucratic limbo. It seems odd it sits with DOI anyway but you think at least a 'delivery/operations focused' Department would at least be able to progress a decision rather than some policy heavy CaBo/DEFA wonks but no. There was a time when IoM was relatively lean and agile on regulation and decision making, particularly related to potential high growth economic areas but not now with biosphere/CC taking the forefront.

Interestingly though the Chief Exec at DOI is a new appointment (albeit previously the interim) - so if there is a clash over Crogga/other areas presumably she is at the forefront & how does Alf handle that? Do the Ministers play a role in Chief Exec appointment?

IOM Government has evolved from a quick to react and seize opportunity administration (eons ago)

into a pedantic, sluggish, over bearing, obstructive and caustic framework in which to attempt to do business !

Anything here which is a success, will be so inspite of Government, not because of Government.

The whole thing is unfit for purpose top to bottom !

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7