Chris Thomas MHK sacked from DOI

15 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I wish it weren’t true, but you’re right. It’s a proper shit show. 

It’s actually worse than that. At least with shit it can be cleaned up. How the hell does anyone sort out this mess and so many entrenched incompetents.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Instead of meeting the CEO of Crogga which would have been the way to go forward regardless of the outcome Chris Thomas was too busy fannying around with the charges for parking at the airport.    Keeping planes in the air was beyond his control but to concentrate on parking when the airport was in such dire straights just about sums up this man’s intelligence.  He should never have got this important ministerial role he is good at waffle and sod all else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Cannan pushed a lot of people out of the door over the Ranson affair including the Chief Secretary and the head of OHR. Hopefully he goes on a similar rampage in the DOI for a few weeks. 

Be nice to think so and guess time will tell. Needs to happen soon though . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Truth is . we'll never find out why \chris \t was fired unless he decides to explain to his constituents why he has decided not to continue in comin, ( and have more influence)? for his voters?

It would be nice to have 'open govt' and for Alf to say exactly why CT had to go, is it CROGA, Is it a conflict with the new CEO, it cant be Liverpool, that's not CTs initiation!

So, what is Alf up to? He wants to control certain matters, which matters? Hew want to support the new CEO in the hope that they have the 'best interests' in mind? Better that CTs?

Are we entitled to know these things? I would say YES!

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Truth is . we'll never find out why \chris \t was fired unless he decides to explain to his constituents why he has decided not to continue in comin, ( and have more influence)? for his voters?

It would be nice to have 'open govt' and for Alf to say exactly why CT had to go, is it CROGA, Is it a conflict with the new CEO, it cant be Liverpool, that's not CTs initiation!

So, what is Alf up to? He wants to control certain matters, which matters? Hew want to support the new CEO in the hope that they have the 'best interests' in mind? Better that CTs?

Are we entitled to know these things? I would say YES!

You make valid points about knowing what’s gone on. Sadly with the current regime everything’s hidden behind confidentiality and the likes. And Cannan would seem to be the worst culprit. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Cluster bombs.

Not a broad enough enough kill radius. We need a tactical nuke to deal with a problem of the scale of IoM's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Cannan pushed a lot of people out of the door over the Ranson affair including the Chief Secretary and the head of OHR. Hopefully he goes on a similar rampage in the DOI for a few weeks. 

I bet some of them would be rubbing their hands together at the thought of early retirement with a huge pay off. I bet Nick Black is comfortable now.

Plus also conveniently thus being absolved of any responsibility when Inquiries shit hits the fan over the Promenade and the Terminal.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Does this not just reflect even more poorly on the adminstration when they've not long appointed a new chief exec for the Department? Unless it is the chief exec's hit list, which seems unlikely as an internal appointment.

....Bur if Cannan takes on responsibility for the DoI. then surely he is exposed to all or more of the critism that this dept attracts? Would he take on this mantel if he did not expect the consequences?

I think that there is more behind the scenes to this than we yet know?

There is unlikely to ever be a cull...with 11,000 voters actually working for government currently (FTE and part time), probably 20,000+ government retirees, and all their dependents...turkeys will not vote for Xmas.

It will take some very sneaky axe men to get enough of a majority to take this pyramid scheme apart.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ADELE said:

Instead of meeting the CEO of Crogga which would have been the way to go forward regardless of the outcome Chris Thomas was too busy fannying around with the charges for parking at the airport.    Keeping planes in the air was beyond his control but to concentrate on parking when the airport was in such dire straights just about sums up this man’s intelligence.  He should never have got this important ministerial role he is good at waffle and sod all else.

I doubt it's got much to do with the Crogga thing. 

14 minutes ago, Kopek said:

....Bur if Cannan takes on responsibility for the DoI. then surely he is exposed to all or more of the critism that this dept attracts? Would he take on this mantel if he did not expect the consequences?

I think that there is more behind the scenes to this than we yet know?

I think you are almost certainly correct. The DO world has gone mad. CM stepping in. Maybe CM has lost the plot. Time will tell.