Speculation is not necessary

ADELE

3 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I'm not talking about police appeals or statements I just mean in general needing to know how people you don't know are doing.

Unless it's my family or friends then as far as I'm concerned it's nothing to do with me

Yes, of course, no-one should be interested or concerned about the tragedy that was the landslide in Papua New Guinea, the terrible treatment meted out to the Windrush generation or the institutional cover up that lead to the Post Office scandal.  We should just shrug and think 'well, I don't know them'. 

You may not be talking about police appeals and statements, but that is what this thread is about. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yes, of course, no-one should be interested or concerned about the tragedy that was the landslide in Papua New Guinea, the terrible treatment meted out to the Windrush generation or the institutional cover up that lead to the Post Office scandal.  We should just shrug and think 'well, I don't know them'. 

You may not be talking about police appeals and statements, but that is what this thread is about. 

Haven't heard about papua new guinea landslide. Don't really take much notice of the news and I think I'm happier for it. 

5 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Haven't heard about papua new guinea landslide. Don't really take much notice of the news and I think I'm happier for it. 

Good for you.   The people in PNG are, after all, of a darker hue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Good for you.   The people in PNG are, after all, of a darker hue. 

Gladys. You are better than that. 

Thommo might wish to be ignorant of events outside his immediate circle. That’s his prerogative ( a bit silly in my eyes). 

But he has  said nothing to indicate that his disinclination to be bothered with events in the wider world has anything to do with skin colour ( unless I have missed something)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, display name said:

The people of Cumbernauld are much the same,but more so their personality

Are all the windows still like arrows slits to keep the burglars out there?

10 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Gladys. You are better than that. 

Thommo might wish to be ignorant of events outside his immediate circle. That’s his prerogative ( a bit silly in my eyes). 

But he has  said nothing to indicate that his disinclination to be bothered with events in the wider world has anything to do with skin colour ( unless I have missed something)

Yes, but if you extrapolate the view  the further away people are from you, the less interested you are, it is not a quantum leap to come to that conclusion. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But Glad, unfortunately there are a lot of gossipy idiots about. Not just with TT related incidents but about any aspects of Island life.

The way to stop gossipy idiots is to provide information, with the caveats raised above. Gossip tends to fill in the holes, the more holes you provide, the more people will speculate/gossip. 

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Yes, but if you extrapolate the view  the further away people are from you, the less interested you are, it is not a quantum leap to come to that conclusion. 

But there are people even further away, not having a darker hue. I’m not sure why you felt the need to introduce that element into the discussion.

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

But there are people even further away, not having a darker hue. I’m not sure why you felt the need to introduce that element into the discussion.

Because that event is recent and had huge publicity? 

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The way to stop gossipy idiots is to provide information, with the caveats raised above. Gossip tends to fill in the holes, the more holes you provide, the more people will speculate/gossip. 

Depends on the person I guess, whether they are predisposed to idiot gossiping or not