Speculation is not necessary

ADELE

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes indeed but the publicity as far as I’m aware made no reference to skin colour

No, it didn't, why would it? 

Thommo was arguing that if you don't know the people why are you concerned?  My point is that natural human nature is to be concerned, and if you extrapolate his view, an event affecting people geographically and racially distant from you will be of zero interest. 

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Thommo was arguing that if you don't know the people why are you concerned?  My point is that natural human nature is to be concerned, and if you extrapolate his view, an event affecting people geographically and racially distant from you will be of zero interest. 

Its how they program them in their initial training.

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Its how they program them in their initial training.

Oh that’s a bit unfair. I’m sure some of the constabulary do indeed have unsavoury attitudes but not all of them , just a minority. Although the Hunnish ones from the west of Scotland tend to lean that way.

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yes I quite agree with your analysis of Thommos view. It’s not one I subscribe to either.

But there was an implication in the “ darker hue” comment of yours that skin colour had a part to play in his disinclination to be interested in events further afield.

I’m sure this was unintended

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes I quite agree with your analysis of Thommos view. It’s not one I subscribe to either.

But there was an implication in the “ darker hue” comment of yours that skin colour had a part to play in his disinclination to be interested in events further afield.

I’m sure this was unintended

It was exactly what was intended as I explained in the post you replied to. 

ETA of course, that is not to say Thommo is racist, but an extrapolation of the view that if you don't know the people involved, why are you bothered?  But, people are bothered whether they have a direct connection or not, hence the numerous social reformists, charities etc.  It is a view, which TBH, takes the humanity out of being human. 

Edited by Gladys

10 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Oh that’s a bit unfair. I’m sure some of the constabulary do indeed have unsavoury attitudes but not all of them , just a minority. Although the Hunnish ones from the west of Scotland tend to lean that way.

I do believe Thommo hails from north of the border.

I've said before that it is unlikely that a close relative would be on social media, you just don't want to hear the tittle tattle, you want the tragedy close to your heart. So, fire away on social media but don't expect anyone close to the tragedy to be there!!!

34 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Not really. It read to me that if they don't live in his house he isn't interested. 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

It was exactly what was intended as I explained in the post you replied to. 

ETA of course, that is not to say Thommo is racist, but an extrapolation of the view that if you don't know the people involved, why are you bothered?  But, people are bothered whether they have a direct connection or not, hence the numerous social reformists, charities etc.  It is a view, which TBH, takes the humanity out of being human. 

You're massively wrong. I don't care what's happening in the Ukraine either and unless I'm mistaken I'm sure they're the same colour as me