Speculation is not necessary

ADELE

6 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I remember when you had to wait for Ted Macauley in the Mirror the next day to find out what had happened that day in the T.T.  Information would be released to the U.K. media but embargoed to the Manx press. 

Exactly

The Manx -  AKA Mushrooms 

Fed on shit food and kept in the dark, as is the Manx way..............

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Exactly

The Manx -  AKA Mushrooms 

Fed on shit food and kept in the dark, as is the Manx way..............

Good job we have the skeet.. It took all of ten minutes to find out (without looking for it) that it was a plane who the pilot was and that it was a single seater. And around 15 before footage of it crashing was winging its way through the ether.

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Why did it take Belfast Coastguard to say there was a plane crash?

IOM Police saying something like "please keep away from Bradda Rd and the surrounding roads due to a plane crash"

That would have done.

Not "keep away from Bradda Rd area, there is an incident"

2 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

IOM Police saying something like "please keep away from Bradda Rd and the surrounding roads due to a plane crash"

That would have done.

Sounds more exciting 😂 they also got to use their bikes 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

That would have done.

Why do you care? Unless it involves you directly or impacts your life why the need to know?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

That would have done.

They often do. I sometimes get some interesting bits of info on my VHF from Belfast on the emergency channel. Although you are effectively listening into emergency conversations and people actually calling for help or providing warnings.

Totally possible a fishing boat or kayak saw it and called it straight into Belfast Coastguard, they control the emergency channel. Certainly on the west coast. 

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

It was also reported in The Times...

as far as I know the outcome was never reported by the Daily Mail, GB News or other outlets of that ilk.

Just for you...

https://www.gbnews.com/news/ofsted-school-rye-college-east-sussex-identify-cat

https://www.gbnews.com/news/sussex-news-rye-college-student-identify-cat-government-investigation

Make of it what you will (of course).

ETA: And this...

Ofsted finds 'no serious concerns' at 'cat gender row' school https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12296347/Ofsted-finds-no-concerns-cat-gender-row-school.html?ito=native_share_article-nativemenubutton

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I sometimes get some interesting bits of info on my VHF from Belfast on the emergency channel.

"It is an offence for an unauthorised person to use wireless telegraphy apparatus with intent to obtain information as to the contents, sender or addressee of any message whether sent by means of wireless telegraphy or not, of which neither the person using the apparatus nor a person on whose behalf he is acting is an intended recipient."

;)

12 minutes ago, Keyop said:

"It is an offence for an unauthorised person to use wireless telegraphy apparatus with intent to obtain information as to the contents, sender or addressee of any message whether sent by means of wireless telegraphy or not, of which neither the person using the apparatus nor a person on whose behalf he is acting is an intended recipient."

;)

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not....

I use my VHF when on and around the water for emergency use. Channel 16 is the International Distress Frequency. Its wise to keep it on this at all times as it will speed up calling for help, but also allow you to hear other distress signals (in case you're closest and can help) or to hail someone nearby, then switch to another channel. The Coastguard will also issue warnings on it.  

• Like 3