Speculation is not necessary

ADELE

44 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

to give out information, if people are honestly getting upset because at some point the police might say don't drink to much or ask people not to speculate then those people need to find more things to do in their life.

But it’s a wasted opportunity. The police have a massive reach and they could effect change just by changing their approach. They’ve been doing it like this for years. Nothing is changing.  People don’t want to be ‘preached’ at. It turns them off, not on. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, woolley said:

I wonder if any Island residents who came from outside do the same thing in reverse on social media outlets back where they came from. Plenty of places are so dire that it would be almost a full time job. I rather doubt that they do, somehow.

@woolley

Is that what you do?

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I'd highly recommend following the IOM Police Twitter feed. Clearly works, as I've not done any burglaries yet nor nicked anything from the shops.

They should advertise it more, as it would no doubt half the prison population overnight.

I thought my life had become boring since Twitter began! Now I know why!!

In the day Henry Corlett would walk along Strand Street with Rex with a word to everyone, shopkeepers especially, he usually knew what was going on down town.  I know that times have changed but you cannot beat a bit of contact with the public  who look to them for help when they need it, and help is a two way street cooperation between the public and the police is really important.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Actually, they can't. 

I remember a CI instructing me to stop people walking along the prom at the back of King Bill's after a plane crash at sea c.2001.

After being asked 'why? And 'under what act and section?' It went a bit quiet.

The rules on cordons are pretty flaky in some circumstances

Ways and means act 1965?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Well, I do neither unless you count my one coffee a day habit, so I’m probably not the right person to ask. 

Nor me,but I was assured that a cup of Horlicks would induce a woozy feeling. No matter how many youths I ask,they've never heard of it.  Maybe there's an opening to get the street value up and make a stout profit

4 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

to give out information, if people are honestly getting upset because at some point the police might say don't drink to much or ask people not to speculate then those people need to find more things to do in their life.

The bizzies aren’t there to micromanage every detail of your life. 

3 hours ago, ADELE said:

In the day Henry Corlett would walk along Strand Street with Rex with a word to everyone, shopkeepers especially, he usually knew what was going on down town.  I know that times have changed but you cannot beat a bit of contact with the public  who look to them for help when they need it, and help is a two way street cooperation between the public and the police is really important.

It's not that 'times have changed', they're long gone.

Criminals now have access to sophisticated technology and don't even have to leave the house to commit it. The likes of the old burglaries and what not are usually just idiotic or opportunistic. 

I honestly don't have any issue with the tone of the messages and don't really see why people do. There's no doubt a lot more to it than most of us realise as well, as is the case with most things.

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I've just had a magnificent pot of tea, whitard no 16. And a spliff. Can't beat it really. I'd recommend it.

Unique pairing business you could have there.

Might be a bit sporadic, between the short term prison stays though 😉

• Haha 1