Speculation is not necessary

ADELE

10 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Pretty sure if you tried taking off from Ronaldsway in a 747, you'd make quite a mess.

....edit to add...I suppose you'd have to land it first though. Equally spectacular 😁

I'm going to do it tonight :)  Not IRL ofc - might even get a video lol.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I'm sure I remember someone telling me that following the runway extension, it would be possible for a 747 to take-off in theory.  It would have to be fully stripped out and have no passengers or it wouldn't be able to carry enough fuel to get to the UK though. 

They leap into the air when they're empty.

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/40951/how-can-a-boeing-747-take-off-from-princess-juliana-7-546-ft-runway

This suggests that you could do it from Ronaldsway with a surprising amount of weight on board. But only just.

8 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

They leap into the air when they're empty.

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/40951/how-can-a-boeing-747-take-off-from-princess-juliana-7-546-ft-runway

This suggests that you could do it from Ronaldsway with a surprising amount of weight on board. But only just

It might not make it if you took into account the weight of the balls of the pilot that would attempt such an endeavour!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, 2bees said:

I'm going to do it tonight :)  Not IRL ofc - might even get a video lol.

I'm pretty certain I remember hearing following 9/11 investigators tried tracking people on flight sims that had targeted the twin towers. Turns out loads of people actually tried to fly between the towers for a laugh and then got investigated! 

I can confirm, you can take off with a 747 at Ronaldsway, but not Andreas. I’m not sure about the landing because as I explained previously, it’s not so easy to find the landing places and then it all goes wrong. I flew from here to Liverpool, plane fell to pieces before I had a chance to park it. On the way back I made a sea landing but apparently that didn’t count! 

I have a new theory about the twin towers - they were probably aiming for JFK, couldn’t find it and tried to park in the multistory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

I can confirm, you can take off with a 747 at Ronaldsway, but not Andreas. I’m not sure about the landing because as I explained previously, it’s not so easy to find the landing places and then it all goes wrong. I flew from here to Liverpool, plane fell to pieces before I had a chance to park it. On the way back I made a sea landing but apparently that didn’t count! 

I have a new theory about the twin towers - they were probably aiming for JFK, couldn’t find it and tried to park in the multistory.

Question. Did you use the parking app and how was it? 

• Haha 4

One can only speculate as to why the name of the pilot has not yet been released, although their family is receiving support from the family liaison unit, or whatever they are called.

It is this very tight management of information that anywhere else would very forthcoming that breeds speculation and suspicion.