Manx Utilities announce plans for onshore renewables

Mann O Mann

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

The guy who sort of lives there, he's well worth tracking down, though that can be a challenge. His honey is out of this world good. 

I thought that was next door. Could be wrong. Bee and Blossom farm?

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

My point was isn't he the guy that does the honey.

Oh right, I guess the conversations I had and the jars of honey I have eaten must be made up? 

I mean, what a genuinely stupid point. 

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

You misunderstand. I was asking the question not making any point.

I definitely misunderstand. The guy from the farm now for sale does THE BEST honey, but it's not normally for sale, you have to track the guy down and ask for it. 

The Bee and Blossom farm is more interested in predatory birds than bees.

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I definitely misunderstand. The guy from the farm now for sale does THE BEST honey, but it's not normally for sale, you have to track the guy down and ask for it. 

I see. You can't really blame me for wondering. What with one being lower scards farm and one bee and blossom farm. You know...bee....blossom....honey. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The predatory bird comment makes me suspect you mean John (suitably vague name so I'm not exposing anyone).  But I know he's pretty (understandably) pissed off about the possible windfarm.  He only bought the farm a few years ago, does some holiday stays and said it had already de-valued since the announcement. 

So are there two separate farms down that Lower Scard track?  I've been meaning to visit John up there since he bought the place and it appears to not be him selling. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

The predatory bird comment makes me suspect you mean John (suitably vague name so I'm not exposing anyone).  But I know he's pretty (understandably) pissed off about the possible windfarm.  He only bought the farm a few years ago, does some holiday stays and said it had already de-valued since the announcement. 

So are there two separate farms down that Lower Scard track?  I've been meaning to visit John up there since he bought the place and it appears to not be him selling. 

Does John sell honey?

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

There are 4 houses down the Scard track. Phil Gawne is one hidden away down the bottom and there is another nice house on the way down that I don't know anything about, and then you've got Lower Scard Farm - the one that has just gone up for sale - and finally Upper Scard Farm, now the Bee and Blossom place. He posts on twitter occasionally, normally about raptors. You go for a walk up there its pretty easy to see why he's pissed off about the proposals.

• Thanks 1