Manx Utilities announce plans for onshore renewables

Mann O Mann

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

qt=q_95.jpeg

Yeah that's him. Bought it in the last 5 years. Used to have quite the menagerie at his old place. Alpacas, goats, chickens and various birds of prey. Even had a semi tame Barn Owl that I think he rescued and released which sometimes came back to say hello. I can imagine he'd have bees too. Not seen him in a while.

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Company wants to put wind turbines in a known windy place. 

People are immediately suspicious.

Remarkably, the companies own evidence says "this is actually a really windy place".

Terrific.

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Who'd have thunk it - the IOM being a windy old spot? 

I've been saying for years the island is abundant in the natural resources of the future, wind, sunshine, tides, rough seas, hills. We've literally go it all. It'll be interesting to see how they manage to fuck this one up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I wouldn’t trust the MUA as far as I could throw them and Which have come out with a report on Smart meters that would make your hair curl so many broken and problems galore how much did it cost the MUA to purchase them

about 16 million if I remember correctly ,open to correction and the usual abuse, and that is without the installation costs.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I wouldn’t trust the MUA as far as I could throw them and Which have come out with a report on Smart meters that would make your hair curl so many broken and problems galore how much did it cost the MUA to purchase them

about 16 million if I remember correctly ,open to correction and the usual abuse, and that is without the installation costs.

But they're not going to cost us a penny according to Dr Death!

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/glitch-hits-electricity-smart-meter-payments/

Not a good day for smart meters.

The cost has always confused me, 10 million from the government (our money) and another 10 from the mea (our money). But the consumer won't have to pay?  Seems like we have already paid in excess taxes and excess electricity costs!

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/smart-meter-roll-out-to-cost-ps182m-229854

• Like 3

A cynics view ......... We review a number of sites, but we already know where we are going to put them !

We survey the site and LO .. it's actually better than we thought it would be !

Some green idiots on twitter are rejoicing it will bring the price down, which I think we can be fairly certain it won't, and the same bunch of green idiots are urging speed to build them on other sites asap ! To achieve 75% wind power.

The island is tottering financially, the power station is millions in debt, lets go blowing long millions on this shite which will make the square root of zilch difference to global warming, whilst the huge polluters go on belching out emissions without a care in the world ! FFS have we no sense at all !

Oh and of course at the end of it all we still need the power station or a replacement energy source !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5