Manx Utilities announce plans for onshore renewables

Mann O Mann

3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

So I see there being only two possibilities here:

1. He is stupid

2. He is lying

Anyone got another possibility?

3. From years of experience, all Govt entities are aware that much of the Manx public is incredibly gullible and believe that Govt should be worshipped on bended knee and have their every word accepted without question?

And are also aware that the Manx public are completely passive and have no route for either alternatives or redress in respect of what they are wrung for?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Someone has to pay. That is obvious. Now consider Allinson's statement that the consumer will not be charged - this was not an isolated comment in the press; there is also a YouTube interview with Moulton where Allinson says "The MUA will pick up the tab".

1. He is stupid

2. He is lying

He is deluded.

• Like 2

Just now, Non-Believer said:

3. From years of experience, all Govt entities are aware that much of the Manx public is incredibly gullible and believe that Govt should be worshipped on bended knee and have their every word accepted without question?

And are also aware that the Manx public are completely passive and have no route for either alternatives or redress in respect of what they are wrung for?

But the 'Manx public' voted them in. Who else can be blamed but the 'Manx public'?

It's called democracy. 

• Haha 1

Well, deluded might be another word for stupid.

The public voted him in, but the (independent) press is also playing a role by not asking obvious questions.

And other MHKs are equally deficient by not asking.

7 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Well, deluded might be another word for stupid.

The public voted him in, but the (independent) press is also playing a role by not asking obvious questions.

And other MHKs are equally deficient by not asking.

Deluded is not another word for stupid. He cannot be stupid as he is a doctor or medicine. 

He could be deluded in thinking a doctorate in medicine qualifies him to be a minister in government. 

Just now, Happier diner said:

We all did. If you want rid of them, only government can do that. So, instead of winging, get yourself forward and do something about it. 

We vote people in who promise to do this in their manifestos. Within weeks of the election they are defending and doing their damnedest to justify the status quo.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Deluded is not another word for stupid. He cannot be stupid as he is a doctor or medicine. 

IQ is not the same as plain common-sense or practicality. Back in the days when a degree meant something and a first anywhere was stratospheric, I knew someone who was a double-first at either Cambridge or Oxford.

In terms of IQ he wasn't just stratospheric, he was on his way to the outer planets. I knew him socially. And in terms of common sense he could not be trusted to be sensible.

I do not think Allinson is either stupid or deluded, I think.... 2. (although he would refer to it as being economical with the truth or possibly disingenuous)

Any and all schemes involving the electricity utility on the island, are underpinned by a huge debt ! It matters not whether some think they are saving the planet or whatever they are doing, lurking in the background is this huge pile of debt which cannot stay in the long grass for ever !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Someone has to pay. That is obvious. Now consider Allinson's statement that the consumer will not be charged - this was not an isolated comment in the press; there is also a YouTube interview with Moulton where Allinson says "The MUA will pick up the tab".

1. He is stupid

2. He is lying

I think what he might have been trying to say was that individual householders would not have to pay when they had a smart meter fitted.  Of course no one rational would have thought that possible anyway: "We insist you do this and then we're going to charge you for the privilege", but you can see someone 'clever' at the MUA trying to push this as a positive.

• Like 3