Manx Utilities announce plans for onshore renewables

Mann O Mann

If anyone is at a loose end this is worth a watch !

I would not seek to comment as I'm unsure where the actual truth lies, but would do a few good to consider the contents of this , especially those who would bankrupt this island using this as the driver ! Pollution, population, and covering the planet in concrete would be my concerns, and those should be addressed.

Edited by asitis

On 4/4/2024 at 6:50 AM, asitis said:

If anyone is at a loose end this is worth a watch !

I would not seek to comment as I'm unsure where the actual truth lies, but would do a few good to consider the contents of this , especially those who would bankrupt this island using this as the driver ! Pollution, population, and covering the planet in concrete would be my concerns, and those should be addressed.

Anyone who doubts climate change is an idiot.

Anyone who doubts it due to man's activity is an idiot.

IMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

IMO

I'm in the ' I don't understand enough of the science to be convinced either way camp ', there seems to be credible people who are all in to the assumption that climate change is man made, and there also seem to be credible people who are less convinced. The climate does appear to be changing, the full understanding of why is less clear to me. If that makes me an idiot then so be it ! What I am not into however is name calling those who seek to try and gain an understanding of both sides of the fence !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

IMO

Sounds like you're singling-out humans.

Anyone who thinks humans are solely responsible is an idiot...

44 minutes ago, asitis said:

I'm in the ' I don't understand enough of the science to be convinced either way camp ', there seems to be credible people who are all in to the assumption that climate change is man made, and there also seem to be credible people who are less convinced. The climate does appear to be changing, the full understanding of why is less clear to me. If that makes me an idiot then so be it ! What I am not into however is name calling those who seek to try and gain an understanding of both sides of the fence !

Fair enough. Maybe I should have said that anyone who has seen the evidence but still refuses to accept it is an idiot. 

26 minutes ago, quilp said:

Sounds like you're singling-out humans.

Anyone who thinks humans are solely responsible is an idiot...

Then I'll be an idiot. Because I think that it is solely due to human activity and nothing else. Yes, carbon dioxide levels have changed over millions of years. But they have gone up and down. There is now an exponential rise up, with no sign of any downs. Therefore I conclude it is die to human activity. So does anyone else with half a brain. 

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Look out he's got a graph.  😬

I could replace the graph with words.

It's gone frickin mental since about the start of the industrial revolution.

But that would not illustrate it as well as the graph

16 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Here's another for any numpty who doesnt get the first one.

image.png.705c7d55914170de6579db913ed69089.png

The other thing that has had a vary similar trend is world population, which has just about doubled since 1960. In addition, nearly half the human population was born this century. That is the problem, not CO2. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There is no point in arguing, worrying or even thinking about it the MEA have in all probability bought the windmills, with what god only knows but that has never stopped them before.   The 42 million, or what is left of it, will probably go towards this great plan after that well once we get an inspirational idea cost doesn’t seem to be a problem.   Did Peggy get her expensive, how much ? roof, ssh a mere four million.     Jessop should be a consultant on the windmill project he managed to build a very ugly, unsustainable building without any means to enter or exit 🤣 without any dissention from the people who ultimately will be paying for it for the foreseeable future and beyond.   The MEA could learn from this a lesson there undoubtedly.  

34 minutes ago, Cambon said:

The other thing that has had a vary similar trend is world population, which has just about doubled since 1960

Concreting over massive areas of land changes the amount of sunlight reflected.

Each person at rest generates 100 watts of heat - much more when active. Save the planet - lie on the sofa.

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

The other thing that has had a vary similar trend is world population, which has just about doubled since 1960. In addition, nearly half the human population was born this century. That is the problem, not CO2. 

And that is the essence of just about every existential problem we have.  Far too many people, too few resources, particularly in the right place and too much by-product.  

• Like 1