Is the Isle of Man Government becoming despotic?

Boo Gay'n

4 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

The same Lawrie whose judgement had him backing the appeal against Ranson...?

I don't think he's qualified to question anybody's credentials.

Let's not forget his announcement of Malone as ceo, made after sitting on the ranson pac hearings.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

In the 2023-24 Budget, most of it is Employee Costs (£3.3 million) plus Supplies & Services (£0.36 million).  The only other significant cost is for Agency & Contracted Services at £0.22 million) which is presumably for CQC inspections and the like.

Thanks. That shows a salary increase of 30% since 2021/2022 - with larger increases to come.

I don't suppose there is a hierarchy chart showing what these people do, and whether or not the increase is due to an increased workforce.

44 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Thanks. That shows a salary increase of 30% since 2021/2022 - with larger increases to come.

I don't suppose there is a hierarchy chart showing what these people do, and whether or not the increase is due to an increased workforce.

There you go:

image.png.d6fb91e4bb645cc05538bc117fe739e6.png

I suspect one of the reasons that budget is higher than what they have been spending is that there are a lot of vacancies - not just the two professionals above but among the 30 FTE positions in the lower boxes.

• Thanks 1

Maybe someone can help out here, because my decimal points seem to be in the wrong place.

As has been pointed out above, simple division for £3.3 million staff costs and 35 staff results in about £94,000 per person per year.

The chart shows a Chief Executive Officer above two Executive Directors above 30 workers.

Just to use any numbers, let's say the CEO gets £200,000 and each of the Executive Directors gets £100,000 - that still results in the workers getting an average of £96,000 per person.

Something is wrong somewhere - it must be me.

37 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Maybe someone can help out here, because my decimal points seem to be in the wrong place.

As has been pointed out above, simple division for £3.3 million staff costs and 35 staff results in about £94,000 per person per year.

The chart shows a Chief Executive Officer above two Executive Directors above 30 workers.

Just to use any numbers, let's say the CEO gets £200,000 and each of the Executive Directors gets £100,000 - that still results in the workers getting an average of £96,000 per person.

That's because those are employee costs, not just salary.  So employers NI and pension contribution will be included as well and possibly apportionment of various other costs both related to the employee (such as training) but also to do with their job and its overheads and central services.  So the salaries could only be 50-60% of that - it depends on the accounting conventions they are using.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I find it somewhat concerning that a Health Department lacks both of their professional Health SME's....

Mind you, loads and loads of management levels!

The roles salaries are all published somewhere, or the grades and ranges at least. Should be easy to put a salary range next to each person in the org chart

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

There you go:

image.png.d6fb91e4bb645cc05538bc117fe739e6.png

I suspect one of the reasons that budget is higher than what they have been spending is that there are a lot of vacancies - not just the two professionals above but among the 30 FTE positions in the lower boxes.

So 29 staff are managed by 2 Directors who need a specific HR senior manager and senior finance manger to assist them from other departments and those 2 directors need a CEO to Line manage them, the CEO needs 4 political members to assist with 

WHAT?

What have they done or achieved in last 2 years.

answers on a postcard of postage stamp 

Edited by buncha wankas

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

I find it somewhat concerning that a Health Department lacks both of their professional Health SME's....

Mind you, loads and loads of management levels!

I saw an earlier chart that gave more detail of the three bits with the 30 FTEs at the bottom and that had several more levels - as well as more vacancies.  I suspect the truth is that the Department has a reputation as a snake-pit and others aren't rushing to work there.

It's worth saying that this will be out of date as it's from the 2022-23 plan (they don't seem to have planned for this year) and there may well be more management added since.  There's certainly one extra - an Executive Director of Policy and Strategy and we know she's there because she was also present at the meeting where Hooper and August-Hanson spent their time attacking two members of the HSCC for doing their job and actually critiquing what the DHSC does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Isn't it Manx Care that is asking for more money not DHSC?

Effectively yes, though it's nominally paid via DHSC which makes the accounts a bit confusing.  DHSC are actually running under budget because they can't get people to work for them.  But that wasn't really what we were discussing.

56 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

What have they done or achieved in last 2 years.

answers on a postcard of postage stamp 

Tried to fuck over a doctor's career and health?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

It’s you. It’s not all wages. There’s the costs of the various CQC inspections and reports. Do they pay the HR and Treasury partner services? The medical and pharmacy advisers won’t come cheap, either. Neither will top level commissioners and policy developers.

The maths in your 4th paragraph, even on your figures is wrong anyway.

say there are 5 approx at £120,000 and another 6 at £80,000 ( remember wages will be nearly 20% lower due to employers NI and superannuation contributions ) and CQC has been quite busy, say £500,000. That’s half gone on 11 people and inspection.

Also it doesn’t seem to be 35, but 38 ( including Rogers additional one ), 40 if they’re paying for the finance & HR function. So, 1.7 million between 27 or 29. That’s still approx £60k each, which is £50k wages, plus add ons. 

I may have underestimated CQC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1