Is the Isle of Man Government becoming despotic?

Boo Gay'n

1 hour ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

As I have pointed out several times on here. Your pointless yet persistent childish jibes are futile as I simply could not care less what your view or opinion is on anything I may post. So by extension I honestly could not give one shit what your view is regarding anything I may of may not have done in relation to the covid review. Literally not one shit at all. 

That’s good to know.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Max Power said:

This really is a load of overly expensive bollocks and faff!

The summary will more than likely be that the government were trying to act in the best interests of everyone, made a few mistakes as they were not prepared for a pandemic and followed the UK, believing that they had things in hand with a well rehearsed action plan. 

It's all hindsight as at the time, nobody had a clue what was happening and how serious or otherwise Covid was. 

The main lesson to be learned from this is, have a suite of actions planned for serious incidents and world events. I always thought that we did, now I realise we don't. I wonder how we'll cope when the UK is blown to smithereens, which is a possibility!  

They were ready for a plane crash.

https://www.gov.im/news/2019/apr/08/major-incident-planning-exercise-lifts-off-at-nobles/

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

In what circumstances would Moulton publishing information he obtained in his investigation cause someone to refuse to give evidence at the Covid review?

The "Gatekeepers" spitting the dummy/s?

You have to remember around that time your MHKs were still saying the TT would be on as normal. That is delusional behaviour of the highest kind, and they kept saying you did not have Covid on the rock, when you quite clearly did,  because no one had tested positive.

Howie caught it about the same time as our Boris did but he  must of had an early Manx Variant because, other than stopping him reading out stuff badly every evening, he did not seem to have any other symptoms 🙂 

Edited by Blade Runner

5 hours ago, 2bees said:

The only people who look bad in all of this are the people who ignored and were shockingly bad to Dr Ranson. Moulton is just a poor man's journo.

Edited for accuracy. He'll never make a good journalist because he lacks the intelligence to ask that killer question. His ramblings on Quayles comedy hour sorry Covid briefing should have shown you that

2 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

As I have pointed out several times on here. Your pointless yet persistent childish jibes are futile as I simply could not care less what your view or opinion is on anything I may post. So by extension I honestly could not give one shit what your view is regarding anything I may of may not have done in relation to the covid review. Literally not one shit at all. 

yet here you are defending yourself... 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

In what circumstances would Moulton publishing information he obtained in his investigation cause someone to refuse to give evidence at the Covid review?

... because, although redacted, they would have recognised their self in the FoI response and perhaps have thought, better not to confirm their role by giving evidence?

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

didn't someone have to wait for their daughter to come home before taking the decision to close the Borders ?  you don't hear much about him these  days   but he was part of a famous double act ? 

was it dumb or dumber ?

I’ve some FoI questions.

1. is Moulton a journalist? Or is it something he does to fill the time now he doesn’t DJ or present radio programmes?

2. is he an investigative journalist?

3. does he have an editor or someone overseeing his output?

4. should he have an editor or oversight?

5. has he fallen down a rabbit hole of paranoia and conspiracy?

6. is he capable of rational discussion of these issues or is he too wrapped up in himself?

7. who should I believe, Brunner KC who has no axe to grind or Moulton?

30 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

I’ve some FoI questions.

1. is Moulton a journalist? Or is it something he does to fill the time now he doesn’t DJ or present radio programmes?

2. is he an investigative journalist?

3. does he have an editor or someone overseeing his output?

4. should he have an editor or oversight?

Those questions are are mostly irrelevant. 

I think that ManxForumers are being unduly critical of Moulton. For instance, criticising him for concentrating on the weekend of 13-15 March 2020.

This is from Brunner:

" That is a general plea, but in particular, I request :

(ii) that journalists delay investigation into what happened in relation to Government decision-making over the weekend of 13-15 March 2020 until after I have reported."

Therefore she also thinks the events that weekend are important.

In a recent press release she stated:

"For the sake of clarity, when I spoke to Mr Moulton I did not suggest the Review was in danger of collapsing, nor have I ever done so. "

This is her earlier statement:

" Recent events and associated social media commentary have made a number of people express concerns about participating in the Review, or withdraw participation, or request legal representation (which is not permitted). "

In other words, she is concerned that Moulton publishing information will affect, hinder, compromise, impede the  Review - but any word other than "collapse".

I still do not understand how Moulton publishing data will prevent people from attending the review. If they are concerned they  they can be identified, they will know that Moulton will publish after the review is released.

And as far as Mouton is concerned, in the words of some Hollywood film: "He's the best of what's left".

• Like 4