Is the Isle of Man Government becoming despotic?

Boo Gay'n

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well Moulton's tweet referred to "gatekeeper civil servants" which may be a reference to those who prevented Ranson's advice going to CoMin.  This was from memory a committee of Randall, Davies, Greenhow, Magson and Lewin, though of course it would only need a majority of those to block the advice.  So it's probably Ranson-related, but it may just be easier to use a private law firm for this sort of thing anyway - they're less likely to ask questions.

Greenhow and Lewins name always cropping up in scandals eh

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

At best, and worst, he’s an enabler for those who think they’ve been disenfranchised. That’s really dangerous for society.

Of course it is.

Because it is society that has called the, erm, disenfranchisation

He's a bloke with a camera who posts awkward videos asking awkward questions of tin pot, self-serving gobshites, both elected and unelected. The reaction is entirely predictable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

We know what happened and how much it cost the last time they tried to bully someone and shut them up. If they want to go down that road again...

Well, they never learn lessons about anything else so all bets are off...

• Haha 2

Just now, jackwhite said:

That's shambolic from Hooper. I've noticed a certain condescending tone to his social media postings though, when he doesn't want to engage. A real arrogance.

He has conducted himself like that on social media for quite some time.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Hooper really is petulant, isnt he?

FFFFFS! I saw that quote from Hooper on another thread, but thought that someone had done a bit of PaintShopping for a laugh, so I ignored it. But now I have seen it again, so went to check.

He wrote that. He really, absolutely, wrote that. It is mind-boggling. Petulant is not even close.

I hope I come face-to-face with him in the street. An email is not enough. Face-to-face with a big pointed finger. What an arsehole the man is.

• Like 4