Is the Isle of Man Government becoming despotic?

Boo Gay'n

30 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He just can't help himself. What is he trying to achieve? 

Twitter.thumb.jpg.0a299412185aa045ec2a496b1581cf2a.jpg

Wow. New lows. If anyone was sitting on the fence about Moulton vs Gov then to me, this shows they're trying to discredit him.

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Loving the Lawrie meltdown. Can't be long before he'll claim to have been abused, or received 'death threats'. Get the victim card ready.

He will pull a Wells and claim he's been hacked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Loving the Lawrie meltdown. Can't be long before he'll claim to have been abused, or received 'death threats'. Get the victim card ready.

If he doorsteps me in the future he'll get a mouthful. I may prepare some prompt cards.

Edit - regarding playing the victim card, his intersectionality scoring is very low. I suggest he focus's on the Welsh bit.

Edited by Hoops

46 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He wants to go back to school and learn how to spell ffs my grandaughter could spell better than him and she is a 4 yo, and to think that clown has been appointed minister for the biggest department within the IOMG. 

The Twitter offerings of Hooper on this are very revealing about him, if nothing else. He has a condescending and arrogant demeanour and doesn’t take criticism well at all. Or proper questioning. He appears to have resorted to blocking anyone on Twitter who has done so.

As a politician he has some serious shortcomings. I suspect a career in accountancy might be on the horizon. I’m not sure what role the CM has been playing behind the scenes. I do however, have a shred of sympathy for him. He has many difficult issues to tackle but when he casts his eye around CoMIN and Tynwald, seeking assets to help deliver results, he must only see liabilities. Hooper must rank high amongst them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Wow. New lows. If anyone was sitting on the fence about Moulton vs Gov then to me, this shows they're trying to discredit him.

He will pull a Wells and claim he's been hacked.

It’s 100% despotic behaviour he always acts like a spoilt child and throws his toys out of the pram but this is embarrassing now. I still don’t know how LV squares his behaviour. It’s supposed to be the party of openness to bring government to account and yet here we have a high profile member threatening to sue a journalist to keep him quiet. It’s a joke of a party and he’s a joke of a politician. 

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

This just shows that the ‘culture’ is still alive and kicking in DHSC, they and he has leant nothing after costing tax payers several million.  Alf Cannon get the fool out of out of Ministerial team and protect the public from him. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Less about confidence in Cannan's administration and more about confidence in the whole political system, I'd suggest. Don't forget we had Quayle before this and Bell's 5 year retirement sendoff before that.

Time for a directly elected Chief Minister. It’s the only way to fix it.

I said at the time Cannan would be a disaster as CM, a pound shop Thatcher with a nasty authoritarian streak to boot.  Thankfully neither of my MHKs voted for him- which is why I think Maltby (not everyone’s cup of tea but I reckon she’s good) and especially Christian would be good in power- but it’s insane none of us get to choose who leads us. At least in the UK with the party system you indirectly get to choose.

As for Abbotswood, I’ve heard plenty from people who worked there at the time and two things get repeated: the management was useless even before Covid, and the DHSC did nothing even though they should have known.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

To bring down Alf Cannan's Government single handed, it the Lib Vans Black Adder tactics, destroy from within.

I think you given him far too much credit. 

All he’s trying to achieve is covering his ass by deflection. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, joebean said:

The Twitter offerings of Hooper on this are very revealing about him, if nothing else. He has a condescending and arrogant demeanour and doesn’t take criticism well at all. Or proper questioning. He appears to have resorted to blocking anyone on Twitter who has done so.

I don’t have much time for Moulton, he’s not exactly discerning in who he interviews, most of his videos are interviews with incoherent crackpots. But, as with Callister, if Hooper doesn’t like them then they must have something good about them.

Edited by Ringy Rose
Removed a robust description, to avoid anyone playing the victim card

1 hour ago, Beelzebub3 said:

He wants to go back to school and learn how to spell ffs my grandaughter could spell better than him and she is a 4 yo, and to think that clown has been appointed minister for the biggest department within the IOMG. 

To be fair, that is a tweet from AN Other that Hooper is replying to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Well Alf is on Mannin line on Tuesday so let’s hope there’s some probing questions on Crogga, DOI etc

We'd never get Lawrie agreeing to go on the Mannin Line. A programme hosted by some fella who merely takes some phone calls, reads out some messages and spins a few records sometimes.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Actually he is minister for smallest Department, about 3 million budget and 35 staff.