Beggars in Strand Street

Manx Bean

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Vagrancy and homelessness are different. Vagrancy is being on the street with no means of support.  Homeless people can and do have means of support, even somewhere to stay in some cases.

I see. So it a crime to be homeless and friendless. Awesome.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I just have a major problem with the way poor - and obviously poor - people are dealt with in society, its fucking shit and we should all try do better.

Well soon normal working people won’t be able to park their vans in the street so deporting the homeless seems to be consistent with the IOM our government seems to want to create. A very tidy middle class place where very important government workers aren’t forced to witness the horror of a white Transit parked outside their gate or a poor person asking them for money. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I just have a major problem with the way poor - and obviously poor - people are dealt with in society, its fucking shit and we should all try do better.

I won’t disagree. And the causes and consequences of homelessness are many, varied, and complex.

And I agree that everyone has the entitlement to an income on which they can survive and permanent affordable decent accommodation.

We live in a broken dysfunctional society.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

We live in a broken dysfunctional society.

We certainly do. I opened facebook yesterday cos I was looking for something about the southern show (this weekend folks, come on down!) that I knew would be there, the first post on my news feed was "I hate beggars" posted to some local group. Hate. 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Hate. 

There’s a lot of it about. The tighter money gets, the more people start to blame others. Hate comes soon after  it’s always the weak ones they hate though, not the powerful  

Note, the post on your feed didn’t say, ‘I hate huge huge organisations who line the pockets of their shareholders  by increasing prices for basic goods and utilities that many struggle to afford. 

No. It’s the beggars they hate. 

Edited by Roxanne
Change wake to weak.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

We certainly do. I opened facebook yesterday cos I was looking for something about the southern show (this weekend folks, come on down!) that I knew would be there, the first post on my news feed was "I hate beggars" posted to some local group. Hate. 

Beggars in the guise of exploitation/people trafficking/organised crime should be hated ... for many reasons.  Unfortunately if trafficking gangs see a chink in our amour and get a hold there is no happy ending for anybody. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We don't know that these Romanians were trafficked or exploited, they be 'entrepreneurs', or desperate ? Of course I didn't see them, they may have been in Armani suits or rags or worse still, nylon football togs!!!

Either way , no need to hound the poor buggers in law or on here?

6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

We don't know that these Romanians were trafficked or exploited, they be 'entrepreneurs', or desperate ? Of course I didn't see them, they may have been in Armani suits or rags or worse still, nylon football togs!!!

I think we do know that Romanian gangs are well known for this type of exploitation.  Encouraging/allowing it benefits nobody...except those running the gangs

Edited by daisy
added the last 5 words
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Naivety at its best. Sorry. 

• Like 2