Windfarm could cost up to £40 million

Major Rushen

3 hours ago, asitis said:

Having read public service pensions now need to be moved to General Revenue , this project t should be abandoned until the cash position stabilises. We cannot afford this right now, no matter what has been set aside for Daphne and her warm feelings ! There won't be many warm feelings when Government is bankrupt and UK step in !

This one's not about warm feelings - current gas bill is £56m/year and this is supposed to reduce gas usage by a third.

18 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

This one's not about warm feelings - current gas bill is £56m/year and this is supposed to reduce gas usage by a third.

Oh I see, so it's not about saving the planet. What worries me though is Government have delivered nothing on time and in budget in my memory, and we also need to have the back up infrastructure as well. If this is about saving money it won't save a penny !

4 hours ago, asitis said:

Having read public service pensions now need to be moved to General Revenue , this project t should be abandoned until the cash position stabilises. We cannot afford this right now, no matter what has been set aside for Daphne and her warm feelings ! There won't be many warm feelings when Government is bankrupt and UK step in !

Daphne is pushing the offshore wind farm on her Facebook page saying not many in favour of onshore, she had just been to the ORFSTED presentation though 

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Daphne is pushing the offshore wind farm on her Facebook page saying not many in favour of onshore, she had just been to the ORFSTED presentation though 

I read that the smart money is leaving offshore wind, probably about right for us to jump in, fits with the usual M.O.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, asitis said:

Oh I see, so it's not about saving the planet. What worries me though is Government have delivered nothing on time and in budget in my memory, and we also need to have the back up infrastructure as well. If this is about saving money it won't save a penny !

Daphne Caine seems to be the expert in delivering nothing. She doesn’t even seem to want the wind farm that her own climate change team said had to be implemented. She is the most fatuous IOM politician in decades. A long term track record of delivering absolutely net zero of anything she’s responsible for. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Not now the UK has agreed to pay handsomely for it.

16 hours ago, asitis said:

I read that the smart money is leaving offshore wind, probably about right for us to jump in, fits with the usual M.O.

The UK pretty much doubled the price it would pay for offshore wind power last week. After no one tendered for some big projects, because the price paid was too low so not viable for profit.  Current high interest rates also having a big impact as these projects would all need financing. 

54 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

Will end up costing £40 million on Castletown harbour to bring these bad boys ashore, then compulsory purchasing property to knock them down to they can transport them to their new home with a view 😂

IMG_1951.jpeg

They plan to build a landing stage on the beach. Its in this thread somewhere