Windfarm could cost up to £40 million

Major Rushen

22 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Why would a dragging anchor be  a danger, many cables running across Irish sea bed. Fished it for twenty years caught a few in the gear not a problem pretty robust and buried when close to land.

Oh right, best pop over to Malta and let them know they needn't have bothered repairing it because you were a fisherman and you reckon it can't have been damaged in the first place.

Thank you Amadeus for your input , very interesting.     This showcasing is undoubtedly just for that and to show the public’s inclusivity,  it has undoubtedly been a done deal , turbines purchased etc and with the Government owning the land it simplifies matters.    The problems will arise with the transportation of the turbines, that is where the costs will accumulate.    However I really know nothing regarding wind turbines except what I read and hear my big worry is that the people who will decide, or have already decided, on this project probably don’t know much more than I do.     It is a good job we are awash with money 🤣 .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The CM and that other dimwit there means it is a done deal !

We all know what happens to reports which don't produce the answer Government wants .......  Do I recall 100k for the SPCO report no one ever saw prior to our purchase !

The meeting looks horribly like the bypass meeting, where that dimwit Cregeen presented the fait a complis for Dandara.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Controversial: young female audience member asks question on what’s the price if we don’t take action, climate change etc etc. CM jumps in to say we would fail future generation. Another audience member interjects and claims first audience member is daughter of an MLC. Planted? 

Interesting.  The same daughter who has started a climate change consultancy?  Everyone wants to suckle on the netzero teat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Interesting.  The same daughter who has started a climate change consultancy?  Everyone wants to suckle on the netzero teat.

What a thoroughly ironic statement from a man who was on a council that planted family and friends and people who worked for DBC in the audience of their meeting on the bin changes to try to make it look like people supported the measure when they didn’t. Amadeus is really scraping the barrel now. It’s fine for him and his mates to do it but, when someone else does it it’s all a conspiracy he can use to build his own profile. Maybe he should get a job with IOM newspapers with such high reporting standards. 

Edited by Binner

7 minutes ago, Binner said:

What a thoroughly ironic statement from a man who was on a council that planted family and friends and people who worked for DBC in the audience of their meeting on the bin changes to try to make it look like people supported the measure when they didn’t. Amadeus is really scraping the barrel now. It’s fine for him and his mates to do it but, when someone else does it it’s all a conspiracy he can use to build his own profile. Maybe he should get a job with IOM newspapers with such high reporting standards. 

None of this makes any sense. Not outside your head anyway. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

None of this makes any sense. Not outside your head anyway. 

You’re a political fraud fella that’s all that makes sense. You and your talentless team of Corpy clowns put a load of ringers in your own audience for the bin debate and that was perfectly fine for you to coordinate. But now you’re clearly daft and deluded enough to try to throw accusations against government having done the exact same thing yourself. It’s what’s in your head that’s the problem fella (clue: not very much) rather than anyone’s else’s. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Binner said:

You and your talentless team of Corpy clowns put a load of ringers in your own audience for the bin debate and that was perfectly fine for you to coordinate. 

I was at that meeting and you couldn't be further from the truth. It was 2 councillors against 98% of the audience. They were constantly on the defensive.

Though I would agree on your assessment of 'talentless team of corpy clowns'. 

5 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I was at that meeting and you couldn't be further from the truth. It was 2 councillors against 98% of the audience. They were constantly on the defensive.

Though I would agree on your assessment of 'talentless team of corpy clowns'. 

You’re ban….oh wait, crap. 

• Haha 4