Windfarm could cost up to £40 million

Major Rushen

9 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Thank you Amadeus for your input , very interesting.     This showcasing is undoubtedly just for that and to show the public’s inclusivity,  it has undoubtedly been a done deal , turbines purchased etc and with the Government owning the land it simplifies matters.    The problems will arise with the transportation of the turbines, that is where the costs will accumulate.    However I really know nothing regarding wind turbines except what I read and hear my big worry is that the people who will decide, or have already decided, on this project probably don’t know much more than I do.     It is a good job we are awash with money 🤣 .

What makes you think that the cost of the transportation of the turbines has not been included in the overall budget?

Are you guessing?

What axe are you grinding?

17 minutes ago, Binner said:

You’re a political fraud fella that’s all that makes sense. You and your talentless team of Corpy clowns put a load of ringers in your own audience for the bin debate and that was perfectly fine for you to coordinate. But now you’re clearly daft and deluded enough to try to throw accusations against government having done the exact same thing yourself. It’s what’s in your head that’s the problem fella (clue: not very much) rather than anyone’s else’s. 

It always amazes me how people come up with stuff like this. Like Albert pointed out, you’re wrong. And I didn’t throw anything, I pointed out what happened last night. It’s all in the unedited two hour video I just posted. 

51 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I was at that meeting and you couldn't be further from the truth. It was 2 councillors against 98% of the audience. They were constantly on the defensive.

Though I would agree on your assessment of 'talentless team of corpy clowns'. 

It’s on camera. It’s literally on camera from IOM TV at the end of the video footage. Nevermind the MF Clowncillor will keep on denying that he and his chums did the exact same thing whilst now accusing government of running a bent questions session over the wind farm. Because he things he can re-write reality because he’s got such a big head that he thinks he can get away with being such an implausible fraud. 

14 minutes ago, Binner said:

It’s on camera. It’s literally on camera from IOM TV at the end of the video footage. Nevermind the MF Clowncillor will keep on denying that he and his chums did the exact same thing whilst now accusing government of running a bent questions session over the wind farm. Because he things he can re-write reality because he’s got such a big head that he thinks he can get away with being such an implausible fraud. 

You take these things way too serious. May I recommend a calming cup of coffee and some time off the internet? You sound like you need it. Nothing anyone here says can seemingly change your mind anyway so I’m not going to waste any more time on you. As a last thing, I do draw your attention to the 2 hours, 18 minutes and 4 seconds mark of the video where the question of the person in question and the response can be heard.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

You take these things way too serious. May I recommend a calming cup of coffee and some time off the internet? You sound like you need it. Nothing anyone here says can seemingly change your mind anyway so I’m not going to waste any more time on you. As a last thing, I do draw your attention to the 2 hours, 18 minutes and 4 seconds mark of the video where the question of the person in question and the response can be heard.

As a member of the audience, does she need to declare her interests? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Why do you make accusations of IOM Government in relation to tactics that you and your chums have yourself used recently? You only seem to have a one-way self publicity button and you don’t seem to like anyone pointing out the hypocrisy of your own attention seeking social media activity. For example: you constantly point out shit things about the airport on Twitter whilst ignoring all the shit things your council sits over. You accuse government of putting ringers in an audience which is the exact same thing you and your own council did recently. You’re just a straw man. It’s amazing anyone would take anything you might say online seriously as it’s not about politics at all as it’s just all about you the social justice warrior who upon closer inspection can’t even organize peoples bins properly despite all the attention-seeking noise you throw at everyone else. 

37 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Power Station stated as being phased out in 10 years time on a radio news article covering the meeting. Perhaps explains the haste?

I have seen this statement in the press several times, but there has been no explanation of the reason. The power station is not that old (and cost a substantial amount of money). So which component has reached end-of-life? The gas turbines? The structure itself?

I suspect that it is not an end-of-life problem, but simply that gov. has decided to "phase out" the station and then  to use as justification for spending money on another solution.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Binner said:

Why do you make accusations of IOM Government in relation to tactics that you and your chums have yourself used recently? You only seem to have a one-way self publicity button and you don’t seem to like anyone pointing out the hypocrisy of your own attention seeking social media activity. For example: you constantly point out shit things about the airport on Twitter whilst ignoring all the shit things your council sits over. You accuse government of putting ringers in an audience which is the exact same thing you and your own council did recently. You’re just a straw man. It’s amazing anyone would take anything you might say online seriously as it’s not about politics at all as it’s just all about you the social justice warrior who upon closer inspection can’t even organize peoples bins properly despite all the attention-seeking noise you throw at everyone else. 

We've enjoyed your posts Binner. We really have. Now be a good chap and f**k off.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, forestboy said:

Wish he would move on. 
Terrorism or warfare my ass. 

UK in the process of sending 7 additional vessels to patrol the North Sea and into the Baltics to "secure" both subsea communication and power/energy infrastructure.
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/britain-send-seven-royal-navy-ships-patrol-areas-with-undersea-cables-2023-11-30/

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

What makes you think that the cost of the transportation of the turbines has not been included in the overall budget?

Are you guessing?

What axe are you grinding?

I would seriously question the costs on transport and positioning of these turbines, if they are ever made known. Discharging on a beach and the subsequent transport ops to site are not for the faint hearted, financially or operationally.

• Like 2