Windfarm could cost up to £40 million

Major Rushen

1 hour ago, Banker said:

More qualified than you with your bullshit!

A fine complement from the forums premium bullshit boy indeed. 

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Very quick with the edit function, is our Cueey…you wouldn’t think he’d care enough.

I see you’re still there lurking around every post I make like a stale internet fart you twisted little low level troll. It’s quite funny really that you care enough to troll me when I literally couldn’t give a shit about anything a twisted online muppet like you thinks about anything.

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

…and yet, here you are…”literally” caring enough to respond…comedy gold!

Every now and again I feel it’s polite to respond just to underline what a pointless sniping bitter little online muppet you seem to be, and reinforce how I really couldn’t give a shite about any of the sad bit crap that you post. It seems to keep you going though. What an empty life you must have. 

6 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Every now and again I feel it’s polite to respond

Cheers, man!

7 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

I really couldn’t give a shite about any of the sad bit crap that you post.

Spooky!   Right back atcha!

7 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

What an empty life you must have

Projection - no further comment required.   Bye, now!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Another Govt shill industriously trying to scuff inconvenient history. You will find enlightenment here :-

Screenshot_20231201-074221_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231201-074326_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231201-074810_Samsung Internet.jpg

Fair enough. Comes down to interpretation I suppose. 'Illegal' is normally a phrase that is associated with criminal law and infers criminality. 

I don't believe anyone was arrested or even questioned and no criminality was even suggested in the inquests.

I don't dispute it was a dodgy thing to do and I don't condone it. 

I always wondered though, that the politicians knew they were getting a state of the art new power station but didn't question where the money came from for some considerable time..

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Fair enough. Comes down to interpretation I suppose. 'Illegal' is normally a phrase that is associated with criminal law and infers criminality. 

I don't believe anyone was arrested or even questioned and no criminality was even suggested in the inquests.

I don't dispute it was a dodgy thing to do and I don't condone it. 

I always wondered though, that the politicians knew they were getting a state of the art new power station but didn't question where the money came from for some considerable time..

Seems that the old AG wasnt too happy about the police interviewing Proffit.  Maybe he was questioned? Or the AG didn't give his consent? Either way we once again see the power of the AG being welded to protect our civil servants from scrutiny.

Wasn't Proffitt chairman of the board at Barclays who granted the loans?

Screenshot_2023-12-01-17-01-36-10_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.7c91135eee109205c5497e9347bbeb8a.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

They didn't question it because they didn't know. They had sanctioned the building of the facility for the budgeted £185M.

Proffit didn't advise Treasury of his unauthorised doings outwith of the Electricity Act and Treasury, including then TM Bell, didn't maintain any scrutiny or due diligence in oversight of the project or its finances.

Bell claimed that Treasury had no knowledge of the establishment of the loans during the Inquiry though it was also noted that his name was completely absent within the Inquiry findings. Most convenient. Proffit was unable to be interviewed by the Police courtesy of restrictions imposed by the then AG. Most convenient.

Nobody involved at any senior or political level faced any sanction whatsoever and walked away intact. A pity the same cannot be said for the taxpayers finances.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

I see you’re still there lurking around every post I make like a stale internet fart you twisted little low level troll. It’s quite funny really that you care enough to troll me when I literally couldn’t give a shit about anything a twisted online muppet like you thinks about anything.

“ You pooh your pants”

” No you pooh your pants”

” No I don’t you are Mr pooh pants” I said it first

Etc etc

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

They didn't question it because they didn't know. They had sanctioned the building of the facility for the budgeted £185M.

Proffit didn't advise Treasury of his unauthorised doings outwith of the Electricity Act and Treasury, including then TM Bell, didn't maintain any scrutiny or due diligence in oversight of the project or its finances.

Bell claimed that Treasury had no knowledge of the establishment of the loans during the Inquiry though it was also noted that his name was completely absent within the Inquiry findings. Most convenient. Proffit was unable to be interviewed by the Police courtesy of restrictions imposed by the then AG. Most convenient.

Nobody involved at any senior or political level faced any sanction whatsoever and walked away intact. A pity the same cannot be said for the taxpayers finances.

The company credit card would have made interesting reading had that gone where it should have !