Windfarm could cost up to £40 million

Major Rushen

17 hours ago, Mr Obvious said:

It’s obvious they are all linked to the constant underlying bully and stirrer on this platform. Banker and Crazy Dave, and then above Bankers straight alter ego non-believer finally losing it and trolling VoR. He’s even crazy enough to aggressively argue with himself (which is very disturbing and creepy) like a loon to put people off the scent

I wasn’t going to comment on the above but, just for the record:   I am not Banker’s alter ego.   Neither am I VoR’s - nor, indeed, anyone else’s.

It’s truly ironic that the King of the Sock Puppets is accusing me of being a fake.   One of his old alter egos once suggested that I was a Roxy proxy: his latest is suggesting that I’m on Banker’s payroll!

He’ll have to respond to this, of course - it’s a reflex (like vomiting) - but I won’t be responding in kind or keeping an exchange going (distant sound of three cheers from the assembled readers…) 🙂

Edited by Jarndyce

2 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I wasn’t going to comment on the above but, just for the record:   I am not Banker’s alter ego.   Neither am I VoR’s - nor, indeed, anyone else’s.

I certainly wouldn’t normally respond to anyone who seems to be going through some sort of mental health crisis. But unless you struggle with English as a first language and can’t actually read what was posted above I wish you good luck with all those voices in your head making stuff up. Were you disappointed to be left out? You seem to be another of the curious attention seeking mental cases on this forum living inside your own head. 

24 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Can't you lot just get a room and leave those who might want to actually discuss the windfarm I peace?

If I was a mid I'd have banned you all.

Well, I’m out - in case you missed it - “I won’t be responding in kind or keeping an exchange going

As for discussing the windfarm in peace: I await your next comment on the subject with interest.

Edited by Jarndyce
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

It’s truly ironic that the King of the Sock Puppets is accusing me of being a fake.   One of his old alter egos once suggested that I was a Roxy proxy: his latest is suggesting that I’m on Banker’s payroll!

He’ll have to respond to this, of course - it’s a reflex (like vomiting) - but I won’t be responding in kind or keeping an exchange going (distant sound of three cheers from the assembled readers…) 🙂

I wonder what's happened to Roxy? Hope she's ok.

• Like 3

You do know what a £1000,000,000 is. And you are saying it will cost multiples of this. Are they making the blades of solid gold, or are the putting 500 turbines up. Why are you quoting billions for a little off shore wind farm. If we stuck our five off shore I doubt it would come to a billion(though no doubt the gov and cs would prove me wrong with waste and incompetance), same as some one shouting new interconnector at 2.4 billion. Where are these figures coming from.

15 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The Internet gives an estimate of between $1 and $1,5 million per megawatt on-land and $3 million per megawatt offshore.

Isle of Man costs may be different.

If it is in any way technically possible, it seems to me that the cheapest option would  be to re-engineer our existing power station…?

8 minutes ago, code99 said:

If it is in any way technically possible, it seems to me that the cheapest option would  be to re-engineer our existing power station…?

It seems to me that there is no problem with the power station, but the gov. has simply decided to "phase it out".

With reference to re-use of systems, I have seen a comment made (maybe a little tongue-in-cheek) that the most environment friendly vehicle is a WWII jeep. It lasts forever, so there is no disposable costs, and no manufacturing costs. The environment costs of continually building new stuff is not insignificant.

[And fuel consumption isn't that bad compared to some SUVs.]

To get rid of an extremely expensive, fully functional, power station seems to me to be just plain stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And get that well drilled, with the hopeful income we could have(afford) the infrastructure for renewable's and all that jazz. BUT and that is a big BUT, we would have to ring fence it for the future generations and improvement of the health service. That would mean getting some clever lawyers involved so as to stop the government/civil service sercumventing any protections on what it is intended, and not some vote farming project or pet scheme and we all know they would not go for that. First thing would be to prop up the pension and then increase cs to deal with the money making sure there are no negative conentation's for themselves.

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

It seems to me that there is no problem with the power station, but the gov. has simply decided to "phase it out".

With reference to re-use of systems, I have seen a comment made (maybe a little tongue-in-cheek) that the most environment friendly vehicle is a WWII jeep. It lasts forever, so there is no disposable costs, and no manufacturing costs. The environment costs of continually building new stuff is not insignificant.

[And fuel consumption isn't that bad compared to some SUVs.]

To get rid of an extremely expensive, fully functional, power station seems to me to be just plain stupid.

The end of life argument seems to be pushing a point for a desired outcome. 

• Like 2