Windfarm could cost up to £40 million

Major Rushen

4 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Alleged route for blades.

IMG_0881.jpeg.3fdbf0c7743f6a188b1cced4adb59efb.jpeg

Up Ballakillowey and the Sloc.....?

Hmmmm, will be interesting for H/LGV movements on that scale.

I could see them doing what they did on the Tholt-y-Will Road for construction of the Sulby Dam ie driving through new straight sections of road to bypass the tighter, steeper hairpin parts.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Up Ballakillowey and the Sloc.....?

Hmmmm, will be interesting for H/LGV movements on that scale.

I could see them doing what they did on the Tholt-y-Will Road for construction of the Sulby Dam ie driving through new straight sections of road to bypass the tighter, steeper hairpin parts.

Maybe there was a point to the pointless bypass in Ballasalla then, but not the one championed by a moron !

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2024 at 6:23 PM, asitis said:

What I can't get my head round,( please bear in mind I am all for saving the planet and conservation ) is just how much we are prepared to pay and or sacrifice for our minuscule effect, if any, on the global situation. It seems odd to me that Government behaviour, recently, suggests we are financially in the doo doo ! Penny saving is going on in every area, but we continue to progress a scheme that will cost, well if it comes in anywhere near it's starting point I'll be amazed, at least 40 million. What effect will this have, will it mean we don't have to create greenhouse gases by using fossil fuels NO, will it mean we don't have to source energy elsewhere NO, will it enhance our tourist offering for countryside NO, will it pay off the power station illegal loans NO, will it make life financially easier for the end user NO, will it persuade the major global polluters this is the way to go NO. Will it make a few have a warm fuzzy feeling about our virtue maybe YES.

We could be doing far more than we are in respect of helping individuals in the way of grants, we could be coming up with recycling initiatives and re use of materials on island, but none of this will have the impact the turbines will on the front page.

Sorry to be a cynic but until the major global polluters come in from the cold as it were, the rest of us are bankrupting our economies for sweet fanny adams !

I talked to an engineer over here who is well known for his green credentials,  he said the best thing they could do is go from house to house installing insulation where it's needed.

But they do like their big 'look at my legacy' capital projects 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/25/2024 at 4:21 PM, Mercenary said:

And the Ballakillowey roundabout too !  Incredible foresight 

And the £250k cost of it has just been beaten hands down, 'twould appear. Any advance on £1.9M...?

Screenshot_20240426-193732_Facebook.jpg

• Thanks 2